Chili-Mac TOTM

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
RockyRaab

Chili-Mac TOTM

Post by RockyRaab » Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 pm

This will be my last TOTM en kayak review for a while, as I'm going on a float fishing trip on the Missouri River in Montana next week. Gschultz recently did a video review of the Chili/Macaroni meal from X-MRE and I happened to have a similar TOTM in my stock. I opened it to compare the contents to the X-MRE version and found them quite comparable. My TOTM contained the entree, crackers, a Strawberry/Banana shake and M&Ms plus the usual acc pack and FRH. Also included separately was a packet of red chili pepper powder (cayenne). This meal was 2014 production.

Here's the entree after heating and also after mixing in half of the crackers, crumbled (which I often do)...

Pretty standard chili with macaroni, although a bit bland without the red pepper powder. I added half the packet of that and was happy as a guy on a lake can be.

The strawberry/banana shake is AWESOME, especially as I tucked it into my ice chest for a while after mixing it up. Nothing like a cold ice cream on a hot day, is there?
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Name_not_found

Re: Chili-Mac TOTM

Post by Name_not_found » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:07 am

Nice pic thanks for the review, right on the boat pretty cool

No cheese?

I always add the cheese to the chilimac
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:51 pm

No cheese came with it. This one didn't even have peanut butter.

Menu_9_Stew

Post by Menu_9_Stew » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:34 pm

TOTM.... What a sad state of affairs. I would feel like someone owed me something after getting a half of an MRE. I understand why they exist. Its for garrison calorie intake. However, if you are in garrison, might as well get a bag nasty or eat at the chow hall.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Perhaps. But they are almost perfect for lunch aboard a kayak! Or for troops while at the rifle range, as only one example.