TURKEY SNACKS

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
mreheater72

TURKEY SNACKS

Post by mreheater72 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi,

now a taste test with some TURKEY SNACKS :) . I got them as single pack, so I don’t know to which ration they belong :? : MRE or MCW. According to the DoP 2053 (February 22, 2012) it is out of a MCW, because in Germany MREs with DoP 2012 are not available yet :!: .

Inner pouch commercial pack?

DoP of inner pouch 2030 (January 30, 2012), 23 days earlier than outer pouch

The TURKEY SNACK were ok, a little smokey taste, also sweet. I ate three of them, but then it was not possible to eat the rest of the pack :roll: . There was a limit, no more of that taste for a while :mrgreen: .

So long mreheater72
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"

RockyRaab

Re: TURKEY SNACKS

Post by RockyRaab » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Terky Jerky!

The only 2013 MRE that has them is #24, by my quick scan. That might change for next year, and they could be in one of the FSR or MCW meals, also. If I remember correctly, a review elsewhere of an MCW mentioned them.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

housil

Post by housil » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 am

mreheater72 wrote:

The TURKEY SNACK were ok, a little smokey taste, also sweet. I ate three of them, but then it was not possible to eat the rest of the pack :roll: . There was a limit, no more of that taste for a while :mrgreen: .
What´s wrong with the taste? Is it so "special" you can´t stand it after a couple of bites?

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:39 am

The preservative has a distinct flavor in these, they try to mask it with the sweet its ok but I cant eat too many of them either
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Not being too negative, but when you review something and say you can't finish it, it would be nice if you explained why not. Too spicy? Too salty? Too fatty? Too filling? Too sweet? Too...? Because we'd sure like to know that.

These are clearly commercial Turkey Jerky, so how do they vary from what you'd get in a store - if you've ever had any of that?

To leave on a positive note, thanks for the effort, and those are really good photos. Congrats.

SierraTangoDelta

Post by SierraTangoDelta » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 am

Man, these things are great! I wish they included the... Heh, Interdental Stimulator in the Accessory kits to pick them out of your teeth, but aside from that--I don't think I've experienced any odd taste from these. I'm having trouble remembering what menu they're from, but I've had quite a few out of the recent boxes.

Great review, Mr.E!
They may take our lives.... But they will never take,.. OUR NUTCAKE

Man... this Bev. Base tastes soapy.

mreheater72

Post by mreheater72 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:23 am

housil wrote:
mreheater72 wrote: The TURKEY SNACK were ok, a little smokey taste, also sweet. I ate three of them, but then it was not possible to eat the rest of the pack :roll: . There was a limit, no more of that taste for a while :mrgreen: .
What´s wrong with the taste? Is it so "special" you can´t stand it after a couple of bites?
RockyRaab wrote:Not being too negative, but when you review something and say you can't finish it, it would be nice if you explained why not. Too spicy? Too salty? Too fatty? Too filling? Too sweet? Too...? Because we'd sure like to know that.
Sorry, but it is hard to explain why I could not eat all of the them, especially in an foreign language. I try it that way :) : If you e. g. open a pouch of potato chips, the first ones taste great. But after half of the pouch is eaten, slowly but steadly there comes a limit: Although they taste good, you can´t eat more of them.

The clarification of NNF it quite good :D :
Name_not_found wrote:The preservative has a distinct flavor in these, they try to mask it with the sweet its ok but I cant eat too many of them either
So long mreheater72
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 am

Your English is so good I forget it is not your native language.

Our fancy word for it is "surfeit" which loosely means "enough is enough." Or "genug ist genug?"

housil

Post by housil » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:09 pm

RockyRaab wrote: Or "genug ist genug?"