Introducing the new MREINFO.COM M.O.R.E. ration modules

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Treesuit

Introducing the new MREINFO.COM M.O.R.E. ration modules

Post by Treesuit » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 am

Hey everyone what I have going on right now is another one of my MRE INFO.com ideas. May I present the new MRE INFO.com M.O.R.E rations or the Modular Operational Ration Enhancement-Individual Component (MORE-IC). These are very similar to the MORE rations that Natick Research Laboratories came out with about 2-3 years ago in response to the need for a better feeding system for Special Operations Forces and troops working at high altitudes. I have read the Natick Labs technical Power Point report that describes the MORE rations. The MORE rations are to be used in conjunction with MRE’s during mountain operations and situations where troops were burning more calories in the high altitude even after consuming an MRE or several MRE’s such as in the mountainous regions of Afghanistan.

I have been working on these for awhile and figured now is good time to preview them and let people try them out and see if we have enough interest. If not then we can let these fall to the wayside, but if we have enough people then I can make some more. With fall just around the corner I figure some folks here can use these while hunting, fishing, while out on the trail or just camping and you need some extra food stuffs.

They come 5 pouches to a set and have all the items listed on the front. I went with the first Natick report that recommended using existing MRE stocks as supplements. In each of the pouches there are several MRE items in them with the exception of one or two items that are not available to the civilian consumer. So like my FSIR’s they are about 98% correct much like the originals.

I have also listed the calories on the front but these are just an estimate and may not reflect the actual amount in the pouch itself. Also I have put the estimated weight on them as well. All the pouches are vacuum packed making them real compact, a little lightweight and air tight to preserve some freshness.
The pouches are $3.00 a piece and come in a set of 5, and I have also attached a link to the Natick Report describing the rations. Please look on page 8 for the specifics of each pack and then look on pages 10-11 for the menus. I tried to keep the menus as close to the originals as possible. I will take PayPal but you must have a confirmed e-mail and home address or some other arrangement can be made via the e-mail forum. I have some made now but not enough for multiple orders, that can be done at a later time but I have enough to outfit one complete set for one person. Like I said if we don’t get much interest then we’ll just let this fall to the wayside. Foreign members the shipping will be a little more but we will try to get around the high shipping cost some way.

Here is the link:

www.militaryfood.org/Adobe/S10_SessionI ... th.pdf[url][/url]

If it didn’t work then go to the search engine block and type in Modular Operational Ration Enhancement. It should bring up the first post.
Attachments
IMGP1992.JPG
The complete five set modular packs
IMGP1993.JPG
Versions 1 sets 1,2
IMGP1994.JPG
Versions 2 sets 1,2,3

housil

Re: Introducing the new MREINFO.COM M.O.R.E. ration modules

Post by housil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 am

Another great Treesuite-thing :D

Name_not_found

Post by Name_not_found » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 am

If they ready and you will ship promptly ill take one to review
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:21 pm

NNF,

Sure, they are ready to go just like I mentioned. Shoot me a PM. If you want you can be the first one to do a product review/taste test.

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Brian, you really should make a company and start bussiness. :D
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

Well, I've never thought about doing that but it is a good idea. Though I would need a few years and lots of MRE's to accomplish that feat, right now I'm just trying to fill another niche for everyone here. It seems that these modules that Natick Labs came out with do fill a smaller niche in high elevation/mountainous training and warfare but its curious that there was no further information or follow up on whether these were successful or not. If anybody has any information or after action reports, technical writings could you please post them here so we can look at them and perhaps garner some discussion.

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:50 am

I have 2 training courses in near future, one for cave exploration/rescue in late Octomber this year and one for Winter Survival in February 2013, so I hope to send you the parcel I have for you (is sitting in my closet for more than a year) and get some of your "old" rations and a couple of these to make some reviews. But I have to pay my debt. :D
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

SierraTangoDelta

Post by SierraTangoDelta » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:20 pm

The one day i need a PayPal account. lol

Make more, I'd buy 3 if the shipping's good (In Alabama).
They may take our lives.... But they will never take,.. OUR NUTCAKE

Man... this Bev. Base tastes soapy.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:04 am

Sierra Tango Delta,

Shoot me a PM with a zip code and I'll see what the postage is, cheapest route of course.

SierraTangoDelta

Post by SierraTangoDelta » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:39 pm

PM Sent.
They may take our lives.... But they will never take,.. OUR NUTCAKE

Man... this Bev. Base tastes soapy.