The great UGR giveaway

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Menu_9_Stew

The great UGR giveaway

Post by Menu_9_Stew » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 am

Soooo... as you can see by the pictures, some components do not get eaten. They will then be put along a table and they will await someone's curiosity and hunger.

There were times when bags of jalapeno cheddar spread lay lonely amongst the instant coffee. There were times that whole cakes with spread were strewn about the condiments. There were times that whole trays of beef were intermingled with UGR trays of cookies. Sometimes it cannot be eaten.

I did not have any room to take this home with me. NOTHING CAME BACK WITH ME! There was an issue with available travel space.
Attachments
IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG

Menu_9_Stew

Re: The great UGR giveaway

Post by Menu_9_Stew » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 am

Here is how you cook an bunch of yummy awesome tray rations from the UGRs. These are amazing! The variety is astounding. You can live a whole month off of the variety... and after the month, you cannot stand it. However, during that month, you are in UGR heaven!

I will be doing a review of all of the modern UGRs that I have not seen on this website.

I was told that there are two qualities of UGRs. One that costs more (and tastes like a restaurant :D ) and one that costs less (ohh God! you can really tell :oops: ).

Keep your eyes open!
Attachments
IMG_0891.JPG

Menu_9_Stew

Post by Menu_9_Stew » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

Sorry! I forgot to mention that I uploaded all of these pictures in its full uncompressed might. Click on them for a bigger view. :!:

housil

Post by housil » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Menu_9_Stew wrote: I will be doing a review of all of the modern UGRs that I have not seen on this website.
Yes please, I have +80 T-rations and I´m too curious how they all taste

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm

I would love to try some of those cookies and the new desserts tray's! If you ever get room to stash a few giveaways let me know I will compensate you...

You are correct on the two types of UGR's, the UGR A's are the good ones! The UGR B (older) and the UGR Express are the ones that are weird tasting sometimes. I used to love the UGR A steak menu the Army cooks would always cook the hell out of that one and it was nice.

OtisRNeedleman

Post by OtisRNeedleman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Looks like the pictures were taken in Korea.

Menu_9_Stew

Post by Menu_9_Stew » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:01 am

Actually, these photos were taken in the Philippines back when I was stationed in Okinawa. However, it is funny that you should mention Korea because I am stationed there now.