Italian Soy Marinara pocket sandwhich review

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Treesuit

Italian Soy Marinara pocket sandwhich review

Post by Treesuit » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:33 pm

It appears to be slow around here so I figured I'd do a short review of the newest and latest version of pocket sandwhiches by Bridgeford. This is the next step, I believe, in making a sandwhich specifically suited for vegetarians. Of course, the name might give it away but don't let that fool you. The Italian Soy Marinara sandwhich is very new and had very good flavour.

Once you open the package, you look at the small square sandwhich and see that it is just like the BBQ Beef or BBQ chicken; also after one bite the contents look exactly the same. The taste is hard to describe, it almost tastes like BBQ Beef without the big chunks of beef in it nor did it taste like the BBQ chicken. I likened it to the Marinara Sauce with Meatballs MRE but without any meat in it. It does have a smoother texture that the others: except the pepperoni stick and bacon/cheese versions. Other than that there is not that much difference. Though if you read the ingredients you'll find that there is no meat in it but mostly sorgum, soybean products and the Italian Soy Marinara is mostly all vegetable products.

So, in conclusion, this is a very good new version to the other pocket sandwhiches we already see on the market. I didn't notice anything spectacular in this but if you one of those vegetarians out there and want to try a non-meat sandwhich, now is the time to order some. I got mine from The Epicenter in OR for about @2.39, but I got some others with it too. Enjoy.
Attachments
IMGP1154.JPG
Pocket sandwhich out of the bag
IMGP1155.JPG
Filling inside

dirtbag

Re: Italian Soy Marinara pocket sandwhich review

Post by dirtbag » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 am

Looks good!
I see there's some more new stuff at Epicenter since I was there last, so I just ordered some!
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Treesuit

Re: Italian Soy Marinara pocket sandwhich review

Post by Treesuit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Yep, the Epicenter has stocked up on a lot of things since those two earthquakes in the Pacific rim in the last couple of months. Sometimes they get sold out of some really critical stuff but they always are back in stock in a few days.