UGR medical ration module

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Treesuit

UGR medical ration module

Post by Treesuit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Hey everyone,

What I have found this weekend is a rare ration module. This appears to be a medical UGR ration module considering the fact that I found mostly drink mixes. Including a really rare Instant Orange Juice in the tan sports drink pouches and instant lemon tea, sweetened in the stick form. I also found dairy shakes, coffee sticks, and nut-raisin pouches. Some of the pouches are still sealed up, one or two are already opened but not much has been taken out of them. The only dates I can find is a code on the coffee stick outer pouch ( 0816 ).

I say medical because I found this near a medical quatermaster unit and they had just returning from field exercises. I gather this might have been a group feeding ration such as UGR since all the drink mixes are in bag pouches and I did find a large UGR ration module box but since it has been raining a lot here it was really in bad condition. Would have been nice to have.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't think we have seen anything like this before onthe forum. If it is its very new. :)
Attachments
IMGP0951.JPG
Everything that I found over the weekend. Mostly drink mixes.
IMGP0953.JPG
Instant Orange Juice in tan sports drink bag
IMGP0954.JPG
Instant lemon tea mix, sweetened in stick form

cavguy

Re: UGR medical ration module

Post by cavguy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm

I think you got it right that looks like a drink kit from the regular UGR. Medical units get the same UGR/ MRE's as any regular Army units usually a support battalion will draw them from the class 1 supply activity on post, only one of those unless you are Ranger or SF then its a different story. If you have good cooks they will open all the drink mixes and make a big batch of drink in one of those mermite dispensers. Otherwise the drinks all get trashed since most folks do not want to take the time to mix it when water from the water buffalo is just easier when you are training.

**If you are on Ft. Lewis you need to find the Class 1 building I bet they throw all kinds of ration stuff away or you can always ask them...**

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Cavguy,

Yes, that was my asessment as well but I do not know enough of the Class 1 medical system to accurately say it was that. Plus I wish I could find a building that did house a Class 1 unit supply it would make my job a lot easier. But unfortunately most units are hard to find and me looking or asking for something like this would raise some suspicions with soldiers/airman so I will still keep on the lookout for something(s) like this.

Any other guess?

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm

I forgot exactly where the main one was on Lewis, but I do remember it is on Main Post somewhere by the rail loading/ unloading area.

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 am

One time somebody posted a link on the forums from Natick. It talked about the different types of rations from the past to the present. :idea:
On it I read about a type of ration desigend for medical use.Specially when you have people with facial or other type of injuries that they only feed them a liquid diet.Wichi it explains the electrolyte and fortified type of drinks like Ensure. :wink:
I know somebody will get the link.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Live long and prosper..."

mreheater72

Post by mreheater72 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am

See kmans article here, a "vintage" DENTAL LIQIUD RATION:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1442&p=11654&hilit= ... ons#p11654
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:44 am

I just viewed that link and I can't figure out why I didn't see that before? It makes sense in that if you have a facial fracture or just gone through surgery then trying to have a steak dinner is impossible.

The notes about having dairy shake drinks: that makes sense, having something comforting while in recovery mode certainly helps.