Product Recall?

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
LogDayFreshHots

Product Recall?

Post by LogDayFreshHots » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 pm

I noticed the topic involving a petition for a 'civilian' FSR and started wondering about something I seem to recall. Perhaps some here have heard something similar? But I seem to recall not too long that there was some kind of product recall of MRE or FSR sandwiches?

I could swear I read something about that somewhere. Maybe it wasn't a recall but a notice of some kind not to consume the item in question for some reason? This may have been covered elsewhere and if it has I apologize.

But I swear it was something to do with filled sandwiches or something in one of the rations. Negative long term product stability? Less than favorable acceptance in the field?

Anyone hear anything remotely similar?.....
"FIND THE BASTARDS, THEN PILE ON" - Standing Order of Col. George S. Patton Jr., C.O. 11th ACR.

"We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun" - George Orwell.

kman
Site Admin

Re: Product Recall?

Post by kman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:18 pm

The last recall that I...well....recall, was the Dairy Shake recall.

biscuits brown

Post by biscuits brown » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I well recall that recall.

LogDayFreshHots

Post by LogDayFreshHots » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Hmph. I remember the dairy shakes and something about the peanut butter. But I know I saw something somewhere about the filled sandwiches? I'll have to dig around. My memory is fuzzy but it was some site that IIRC sold components and seemed to imply that the filled sandwiches they were offering either weren't part of a recall list or were discontinued for some reason? But basically the description seemed to illude to some kind of recall. At least thats the impression I had. I just suddenly thought about it with discussions on a 'civilian' FSR.

If I can find what it is Im trying to remember I'll let everyone know. I don't want to start a false panic.
"FIND THE BASTARDS, THEN PILE ON" - Standing Order of Col. George S. Patton Jr., C.O. 11th ACR.

"We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun" - George Orwell.

LogDayFreshHots

Post by LogDayFreshHots » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Well Im finding lots about the shake recall. That recall mentioned sending the rations back unopened if they included the shakes, most likely so they could repack and reseal with fresh components. Just a guess. So maybe what I saw was components from the same time-frame the recall mentions but that the components being offered weren't part of it?

You know sometimes my brain turns to water and pours out of my ears... :roll:

Sorry to all.

housil

Post by housil » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:17 am

Don´t forget that Canadian honey recall :mrgreen:

LogDayFreshHots

Post by LogDayFreshHots » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am

housil wrote:Don´t forget that Canadian honey recall :mrgreen:
Seriously?! :o

I remember the shakes. I could have sworn I saw something about the filled sandwiches but I guess not. Now Canadian honey? Next thing you know they'll be recalling Toyot... nevermind. :roll:

housil

Post by housil » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 am

LogDayFreshHots wrote:
Ja.

There was a honey bee dying started in 2003. The bee´s had mites affliction.
So in IMPs the honey was lable with sticker saying not to eat it.

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 pm

LogDayFreshHots wrote:

I remember the shakes. I could have sworn I saw something about the filled sandwiches but I guess not. Now Canadian honey? Next thing you know they'll be recalling Toyot... nevermind. :roll:

skip to 3:24 and try to keep from yelling out "NO NO MREJAP!"

LogDayFreshHots

Post by LogDayFreshHots » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm

fdsman wrote:
LogDayFreshHots wrote:

skip to 3:24 and try to keep from yelling out "NO NO MREJAP!"
fdsman... what gives!? I noticed on the main pouch it said the honey is not for human consumption and isn't suppsed to be given away? Then why include it? Was the warning put on after something was discovered in the honey rather than tearing the meals open to remove the pouches?

You know, Ive seen some comments about MREJap possibly being a little more than crazy for consuming certain things. I tell ya. If anyone has seen some of the game shows or the ways in which cookware is 'shamed' by certain 'adult acts' I have to be really honest here in saying that I believe MREJap may actually just be the wisest, most mentally-stable person in Japan!

Anyway - does anyone know why thehoney was recalled? I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. I noticed that pack in the video said 'Pure' honey. Whats the honey allergy? I forget. Isn't naturally-occuring yeast or something? Oh well. If MREJap survived than maybe there is hope for the rest of humanity....