Product Recall?

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
Paha Sapa

Re: Product Recall?

Post by Paha Sapa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 pm

MREJAP's videos are great! Anyway, considering the original poster's subject of recalls, everyone should obviously pay attention to them. Depending on the severity and facts, however, I personally think that some of the recalls end up going overboard. Take the dairy shake recall, for instance: First, if I remember correctly, it included certain lot numbers of dairy shakes produced between 2007 and 2009. Then, they decided to include ALL dairy shakes manufactured from 2002 to 2009. To me, that just seems like they are trying to be extra, EXTRA careful. And that is fine. However, there are NO reported instances of people getting sick drinking the dairy shakes from these years (that I have heard of or read about). The recall came out years after the 2002, 2003, 2004, etc., meals were produced, so we know many of the dairy shakes were consumed by soldiers and civilians. I have had many of them myself, even knowing about the recall, and I have had no ill effects. Throw them away if you want to -- there is nothing wrong with being safe. I, however, don't have a problem with drinking any of them.