Petition for Sopacko to create a Civilian FSR?

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
cablemonkey
eBay name: clanrat

Re: Petition for Sopacko to create a Civilian FSR?

Post by cablemonkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I received Treesuit's FSR and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the thought and planning that went into the execution of this project.

The main package in its own re-sealable ziplock sack is contained in another vacuum sealed package. I'm not sure if the outer bag maintained its integrity during shipping, I think the lock for the ziplock managed to rub a small hole in it.

The contest list is large and easy to read. The ration itself is quite large, about 10x11x2.5 inches. It will pack pretty flat though and I think the food density is better than standards MREs.

The only change I would make would be to put the label inside the other face of the ziplock bag as the white printing obscures some of the label information.

I haven't opened it yet so sorry no taste test. I am going to take this one to the desert with me when I go to Burningman this summer. The electrolyte drink will come in very handy there.

Thanks again Treesuit!

-C.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Cablemonkey,

Thanks and a good point there on the vaccum-ing of the bags. Sometimes you run into that problem and can't be certain that the vaccum held. If you take that this summer please let me know what the review is and if you need another one. :D

hannonmc

Post by hannonmc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am

Treesuit,

Looks like you have a hit on your hands!

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Hannonmc,

Yeap, you are right about that. I have got some orders in from two other members and as a bonus I put one FSIR on ebay two weeks ago and it did very well. It was purchased by a guy whom I have done business with before over in Japan but I don't think he is a member here. He seems to collect rations as well, he also bought one of my tan LRRP rations a few weeks before I put the FSIR up for sale. Let me say the Japanese are crazy about rations and pay unbelieveable prices. It amazes me.

If things take off I might have to start buying bulk from the distributors... :shock:

Apollo-11

Post by Apollo-11 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 am

I purchased two of Treesuit's FSIRs and posted a review over here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4196

All in all, they are awesome with a side of excellent sauce.
"No trees were harmed in the sending of this message... however, several million electrons were greatly inconvenienced."

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Bugoutgrub wrote:I can't compete with that price since Treesuit's getting some of his stuff free, but Bug-Out Grub is almost ready to ship. All we're waiting on is a bag sealer.
2011-01-09 17.42.01.jpg
Guess this never came to fruition?

Bugoutgrub

Post by Bugoutgrub » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Nope. We ran into so many taxes and regulations just to get up and running we decided to blow it off. Most everything is available online now anyway.

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 am

Bugoutgrub wrote:Nope. We ran into so many taxes and regulations just to get up and running we decided to blow it off. Most everything is available online now anyway.
Hmm, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I really wish sopako or whomever would release a civvie version of this.

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:04 am

A while back I traded Treesuit a CFP-90 pack for five of his FSRs and I've eaten through most of one.

Overall a decent day's worth of meals, only criticism I have so far is the tuna salad tortilla dish is kind of bland, I noticed that in the MRE version of this they give you a packet of "seasoning blend" which is probably salt, pepper and lemon juice crystals to mix in with the mayonnaise and tuna.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind eating the contents as they are.