UGR Cornbread Stuffing

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
DangerousDave

UGR Cornbread Stuffing

Post by DangerousDave » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:43 pm

Looks awful when you open the tray, just like beef stew UGR. After heating, just fluff it all with a fork, and it looks like stuffing(and thats what it is). Taste is rich with sage. I think I would not want to stuff it into the butt of a turkey though. Excellent overall. I'd serve this to my Grand Mothers, and they are'nt with us anymore. 8)

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:16 am

did you serve it to other people dave. or did you have a severe case of the munchies. if you served it to others what did they think.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Dave ---- I'd rather not hear about your goings-on with turkey butts :shock: (oh I know.....it's a free country and to each his own), but I do agree with you: The stuffing is excellent!

Somehow, I'll be choosing my frozen turkeys much more carefully next year thanks to you...... :x

`rats :wink:
Everything tastes better with Tabasco

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:54 pm

It's one of the things I'm looking forward to trying.. I guess if it's getting good reviews I might just pickup a case of it.. I could almost live on it, especially when its loaded with sage like Mom's.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:08 am

We actually had a tray of this for Christmas. Everyone liked it. My Dad was the one that said it was a little rich, in sage taste. We took a whole half of the tray, and gave it to the neighbors to try. Raves. It's just the look, when you open the tray cold. Looks like the surface of Mars, until you start stirring it up. :D