Vintage 1980's LRP Review - Food Packet Long Range Patrol Ration Menu 2 Chili Con Carne

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
ReadinessReviews

Vintage 1980's LRP Review - Food Packet Long Range Patrol Ration Menu 2 Chili Con Carne

Post by ReadinessReviews » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm

This is a review I've been looking forward to for a long time. Today we are taking a look at a Food Packet Long Range Patrol or LRP for short. This particular ration is most likely from the mid 80's but I'm still uncertain of the exact date. Utilizing a Freeze-Dried main entree, the LRP was designed with weight savings in mind. The LRP, also known as "lurp", is currently the longest serving U.S. military ration. Although this ration has undergone several changes over the years they have been in continuous limited service all the way from 1966 until present. My mind was absolutely blown taste testing this ration. It was literally in perfect condition. Every single item was completely edible and oh boy...did I enjoy it to the last bite.

Thanks for Watching!

ReadinessReviews

Re: Vintage 1980's LRP Review - Food Packet Long Range Patrol Ration Menu 2 Chili Con Carne

Post by ReadinessReviews » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Anyone know the date? Best I could come up with is early to mid 80's.

rareauldmealtimes

Re: Vintage 1980's LRP Review - Food Packet Long Range Patrol Ration Menu 2 Chili Con Carne

Post by rareauldmealtimes » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Your definitely right on there. I think Cadillac products did the MREs pretty early on in the first gen MRE era. I think the LRPs printed sideways but in the brown bag are late 70's - 81ish. I'd say this one is 81-83ish. But purely a shot in the dark with a lot of assumptions. Do we see Cadillac products later than 83? Also incredible how good that all looked!