1976 MCI - Meal Combat Individual - Beef Steak Review

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
ReadinessReviews

1976 MCI - Meal Combat Individual - Beef Steak Review

Post by ReadinessReviews » Fri May 08, 2020 12:20 pm

This video marks my one-year anniversary on YouTube as a creator. I wanted to celebrate this occasion by checking out something I've been very excited to do a video on.

This is a Meal Combat Individual or MCI for short. They are also commonly refereed to as C-Rations. This one is a post Vietnam War example but is virtually identical to the MCI's used by the US Military in that conflict. The major difference in this MCI and those used in Vietnam is the accessory pack. Cigarettes were included in MCI accessory packs until the early 70's. Unfortunately there was no accessory pack included with this particular ration at all. This was my first time getting to taste any food more than 40 years old. It was a unique experience which I won't forget any time soon. The condition of this ration was pretty outstanding. It was about as close to being edible as you are going to get with a MCI.

I want to thank everyone who has been with me on this journey this past year and I'm looking forward to checking out some cool stuff in year number two.

Wolfsbane

Re: 1976 MCI - Meal Combat Individual - Beef Steak Review

Post by Wolfsbane » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Interesting. Nice the B-3 was still so good. The meat seems like a pretty good attempt to feed the troops and that the patties could fit on a cracker - if only there was some mustard ...

ReadinessReviews

Re: 1976 MCI - Meal Combat Individual - Beef Steak Review

Post by ReadinessReviews » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Wolfsbane wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:07 pm
Interesting. Nice the B-3 was still so good. The meat seems like a pretty good attempt to feed the troops and that the patties could fit on a cracker - if only there was some mustard ...
I should have given the meat a taste.