Food Packet Cold Weather - Rare Transitional Ration Review - 2004 - Menu 3 - Pork, Sweet and Sour

Reviews of other US rations - MCW, LRP, MCI, FSR, etc.
ReadinessReviews

Food Packet Cold Weather - Rare Transitional Ration Review - 2004 - Menu 3 - Pork, Sweet and Sour

Post by ReadinessReviews » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:05 am

I believe this is the first time this particularity rare US ration has been reviewed. This is a Food Packet Cold Weather from the Ameriqual company. Produced in the early part of 2004 this ration narrowly preceded the well know Meal Cold Weather (MCW) which also began production in 2004. The history of this ration is a bit of a mystery and there is very little available information on them. It appears their production run was quite short so there aren't many of them out there. The internal contents are basically the same as the MCW as far as I can tell. My best guess is that this ration was actually a mistake on the part of Ameriqual but that is only speculation. It was a pleasure to check out this little piece of US Military Ration history.

Thanks for Watching!

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Food Packet Cold Weather - Rare Transitional Ration Review - 2004 - Menu 3 - Pork, Sweet and Sour

Post by Amelieee1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:38 am

Im pretty sure this is the LRP / MCW combination prototype
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations