2018 Menu #23 Pepperoni Pizza Slice

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
DANTHEMANDOTCOM

Re: 2018 Menu #23 Pepperoni Pizza Slice

Post by DANTHEMANDOTCOM » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 am

carlosflar wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:23 am
Do you guys think they will make more versions? :mrgreen: Now that they already have the basic ingredients they can do more diferent types... I think probably BBQ pizza would be one of the easiest ones to do, since they already have shelf stable bbq sauce and ground meat...
I sure hope they do! I could dig on a bacon chicken ranch pizza for sure! Although not sure how the creamy nature of the ranch would hold up, I know from previous experience with regular ranch found in the dark corners of my fridge that it can stay "edible" for years lol...
"When the going gets weird, The Weird turn Pro" Go Eagles!!!

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 am

DANTHEMANDOTCOM wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 am
carlosflar wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:23 am
Do you guys think they will make more versions? :mrgreen: Now that they already have the basic ingredients they can do more diferent types... I think probably BBQ pizza would be one of the easiest ones to do, since they already have shelf stable bbq sauce and ground meat...
I sure hope they do! I could dig on a bacon chicken ranch pizza for sure! Although not sure how the creamy nature of the ranch would hold up, I know from previous experience with regular ranch found in the dark corners of my fridge that it can stay "edible" for years lol...
I dont think it's feasible as a "unit"produc but definitely a bacon/chicken pizza could be made and they a sachet of shelf stable ranch or BBQ!! Although I would definitely work first on getting bigger slices hehehehehe
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

Chasefortheelliott

Post by Chasefortheelliott » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 am

Mpitt wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm

I agree with Steve's finding here. You can actually buy this cheese separately in some stores. In my local area they sell it at the Dollar Store as a bag of shredded cheese. It works OK for topping off something like tacos or as a cold application like in a salad and it loosely does resemble cheese. But, for the love of everything good and pure, do NOT try to cook with it or you WILL be disappointed. It's molecular composition is not that of normal cheese and is itself a 4th or 5th unique state of matter. It has no melting point or at least a melting point that is not reached before the thermal decomposition temperature is reached resulting in burned product. This is either a marvel of modern science OR a contorted, grotesque result of man's desire to play god.
I almost bought some for the super bowl and I stopped because it said it's not formulated to melt. The best part is it can't even say cheese in any form on the package. It just says like "Mexican shreds"

Mpitt

Post by Mpitt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Chasefortheelliott wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 am

I almost bought some for the super bowl and I stopped because it said it's not formulated to melt. The best part is it can't even say cheese in any form on the package. It just says like "Mexican shreds"
Oh yeah, you dodged a bullet there. Of course, last years superbowl came pre-ruined so maybe it would have fit right in. :lol:

Chasefortheelliott

Post by Chasefortheelliott » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Mpitt wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Oh yeah, you dodged a bullet there. Of course, last years superbowl came pre-ruined so maybe it would have fit right in. :lol:
Not a fan of the Patriots or eagles either huh? Yeah that one was brutal for me too, but I can watch any game.

GFC
eBay name: Afn47594

Post by GFC » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:43 pm

I haven't had any MRE's since I retired from Army Reserve in 2010. I recently ordered menu 23 Pepperoni Pizza Slice from Ebay. I can't wait to sink my teeth into a MRE pizza, plus the other MRE food items. I miss great times I spent on active duty and reserves. Lots of wonderful memories eating military chow.

GFC
eBay name: Afn47594

Post by GFC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:58 pm

I just ate my first slice of Pepperoni pizza. I'm sad to say it was horrible. I could only muster two bites. I have had my share of C-rats and MRE. This is the only main course I could put in the category of inedible.

ladycplum78

Post by ladycplum78 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 am

We go to our local Commissary at Alvin Callendar in Belle Chasse, LA to do our shopping, and I always ask my father to check for the pizza menu MRE. Never seems to see one. (We like to keep a healthy amount of MRE's in the house, since we get hit by so many hurricanes in Louisiana.) I watched your review Steve, it's always great to see you as giddy as a schoolboy over a particular ration component. :)

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Finally tried one for dinner last night. Bought the slice separate and used an extra FRH i had. I really wanted to love this but the texture just reminded me of the snack bread but not nearly as dense. But for being shelf stable, it is what it is. A bit of cheese spread helped the flavor.

Am i the only one that really doesnt like the italian breadsticks? I love rosemary, but there is so much in these that they are bitter as heck.