Another clueless newspaper review of MREs

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
BigMark

Post by BigMark » Wed May 30, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah, my big complaint is he picked one of my least fav entrees.. it's okay if it's what I pull, but it's pretty bland really, some salt and tabasco go a long way.. anyone else eat their MRE's like that? If I pick, I always pick one of 6 different menus, so I bring a handful and grab at random so I'll try some new.

MCIera

Post by MCIera » Wed May 30, 2007 8:48 pm

$1250 for a 2 bedroom would be a bargain just about anywhere in the Bay Area, in San Francisco, it's got to be a steal. I don't think she can afford to move. Been a while since I checked but I think $7-800,000 is probably about the going price for a modest home in the City these days.
dirtbag wrote:I can attest to the high cost of living in San Francisco. My daughter lives there, in a 2 bedroom apartment, ' rent controled ', for $ 1250 a month, and considers herself lucky ! They thought about buying a house, but that's impossible.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm

MCIera wrote:$1250 for a 2 bedroom would be a bargain just about anywhere in the Bay Area, in San Francisco, it's got to be a steal. I don't think she can afford to move. Been a while since I checked but I think $7-800,000 is probably about the going price for a modest home in the City these days.
dirtbag wrote:I can attest to the high cost of living in San Francisco. My daughter lives there, in a 2 bedroom apartment, ' rent controled ', for $ 1250 a month, and considers herself lucky ! They thought about buying a house, but that's impossible.
Yup, when they were looking, there were hints of a 'Loan', so I'm thinking
" Why, I could sell my house, and that would make a down payment on Their house !.... riiiiight ! :?
So my answer was....Move somewhere else!
And they live in Oakland, can't afford S.F. !
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

SoFloAuthor

Post by SoFloAuthor » Thu May 31, 2007 7:36 am

Or an omelet.....

I had a reporter here last night from FOX4 eat an Eversafe Chicken and Dumplings entree, the guy gave it two thumbs up!

Last year I fed a reporter from the same station, a four year old Veggie Manicotti and she loved it!

I admitted what I did to her this year and she admitted it was so good she bought a dozen of them!

"If it comes out of a bag, don't look at it.....eat it"
Check out my new preparedness guide: What To Do 'til The Cavalry Comes:
A Family Guide to Preparedness in 21st Century America AVAILABLE NOW at Barnes & Noble, http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 1192&itm=1