11 years old cheese filled pretzels

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
housil

11 years old cheese filled pretzels

Post by housil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

Shelf live is a problem, especially with these actually civilian items like "crackers filled with peanuts butter" or "cheese filled pretzels. I had to dump pretty often these crackers as they got rancid.

Yesterday I opened one of my 2003 MREs and gave the cheese filled pretzels a try:
CFP1.jpg
CFP2.jpg
CFP3.jpg
They were great - even after 11 years :D

gschultz9

Re: 11 years old cheese filled pretzels

Post by gschultz9 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 am

Wow, that's impressive! I would have definitely been a bit concerned by the age, but it's always amazing just how long some MRE stuff can last!

mreheater72

Post by mreheater72 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Olli, I like that PRETZELS very much :D ! Until now I´m in luck :D , I never had some that were bad (in contrast to some SHORTBREAD COOKIES :( ) Congratulations that yours dated 2003 were fine, too :D .
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"

ElevatorFan73

Post by ElevatorFan73 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:59 pm

I think I had some of these from 2004 once, they aren't bad - just like the civilian verison, Combo's. :D
*opens crackers and a horrible, bleach scent fills the room*
"Not bad."

agear
eBay name: myturkeynoodle

Post by agear » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:59 am

I tried some MRE cheesed filled pretzels today. I thought since I like "Combos" from the store, I would love to try these since they're basically the same. My impressions were that they looked just like them but the taste was just like stale combos. I don't know what they're supposed to taste like but it wasn't too bad. I've only tasted a few MRE foods so far. The regular pretzes were super good and even better than some store brought pretzels. I think maybe I will try some more and see if it was just a bad package. I didn't get my pretzels in a full MRE dinner but bought them separately off of ebay. They are not that bad if you are hungry but if I had the choice I think I would stick with the regular ones and not the cheese filled ones.
The pretzels I tried were produced :July 6, 2010.

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:05 am

agear wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:59 am
I thought since I like "Combos" from the store, I would love to try these since they're basically the same.
Right, these are "Combos" and usually they are/taste even.