Cherry-Berry Cobbler

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
rattattoo

Cherry-Berry Cobbler

Post by rattattoo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 am

I promised I would drop a couple of reviews here as I sample my way through the various MRE packages that my son-in-law dropped on me.
The other night, in the midst of a sugar craving, I tried out some of the cherry-berry cobbler. It was one of the "loose packs" in the stuff I was given. There was also a loose package of vanilla pudding mix.
I used half of the pudding, mixed up as directed, and dropped it on a full pouch of the cherry-berry cobbler that I had scraped into a bowl and thrown through the microwave.
The bottom line: I would eat this again anytime, at home, or in the field. It's one of those items that can add a little bit of luxury to "roughing it".
The details: There was not much in the way of "cobbler". Just some pretty soggy pieces of white googe. While they didn't detract from the experience, they certainly didn't add anything. Fruit flavors were good, and the sweetness wasn't overpowering. Taken together with the half serving of pudding, it was pretty darn good. If I had the foreknowledge to throw in a handful of granola or a crumbled up cookie, it would've been excellent.

I can give this one four stars out of five

[there aren't any photos for this one. I ate it up too quickly]

housil

Re: Cherry-Berry Cobbler

Post by housil » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Today I had a 2005 #20 spaghetti and that blue berry cobbler that comes with it. We are not used to "cobbler" over here so all I know about is from MREs. I really like it. The crumbles were still "crispy" and the whole dish wasn´t too sweet.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

It's much better heated up a bit, I just set it on the dash in the sun for a while.
This works better in the summer :mrgreen:
Mmmmm!
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

rattattoo

Post by rattattoo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:58 am

The dashboard has always been one of my go-to tricks.
You can kick it up a notch by spray painting an old toaster oven tray with stove black. The tray stores right under the seat and you get a hot meal when you come back from your hike.

kelphis

Post by kelphis » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Sorry for the revival of such an old thread. Anyone know why these are not easier to get from Ameriqual? I see some places that advertise old ones and are sold out. Is Ameriqual exclusive to the military or commercial resellers?