Chicken Fajitas

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
DIRTYDAVE

Chicken Fajitas

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:12 am

Well, I can tell you all that the new entree is fantastic! The tortillas, of which are packaged two in the pouch, were essentially soft taco shells and were very fresh. The entree is actually called chicken fajita filling. A cheese spread was included in the meal also. I really did not think the cheese spread would go well with the chicken fajitas so I did not put any on the first fajita. The taste was very good, they did a great job of making it a very enjoyable and tasty meal. My curiosity got the best of me and I loaded up the second tortilla first with the cheese spread and then the fajita filling. As I suspected it did not taste good at all. The cheese spread ruined the second fajita in my opinion. I was wrestling on whether or not to save the spread for a piece of lone wheat snack bread that I will eventually run across but all I could do was hear kman saying in my ear...COME ON DAVE, PUT THE SPREAD ON THERE! Darn you kman!!!! So I suggest you save the spread and do not do as I have done.

All in all, this is a good entree and I think it is quite a change up and actually fun to eat. I predict this entree will be around for awhile and I look forward to hearing everyone's comments once they encounter this succulent treat.

Bon Appetit! :wink:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

MreKampr

Post by MreKampr » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:34 am

LOL..dave
Thanks for the taste test.
They should replace the cheese with a flask of good jack daniels :D
I Remember Sum Movie with Cal Governator Arnie Swartzen somethin
Where the only food was taco bell and it came in pill form.
Lets see this one next :shock:

Well i have eaten the Chicken Fajitas entree but not the tortillas Side.
This entree is on my "take it with you list".

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:20 pm

Hi Dave. I've been trying to decide which of the new 2005 entrees to try first and think your review seals it - it'll be the Chicken Fajitas. Maybe I'll make that my first MRE of the new year (because dinner is already set for tonight!).

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 pm

Wow, how was your fajita meal kman?
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"