MRE Review - 1982 Pork Patty

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
kman
Site Admin

MRE Review - 1982 Pork Patty

Post by kman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:56 pm

As promised, here's the review of the second MRE kyle sent me. The second review...in all its crunchy, pork-patty goodness:

1982 Pork Patty MRE
http://www.mreinfo.com/reviews/mre/1982-pork-patty.html

BackwoodsPundit

Post by BackwoodsPundit » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:03 pm

Um actually, the pork patty ISN'T wrapped in a little baggie.. what the heck is that growing around your pork patty! ;)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:24 am

Interesting breakdown on an old MRE. Thanks for the great review kman.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kyle

Post by kyle » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:03 am

Kman,Thanks for risking life&limb with my old MRE's,very interesting archeological treatise.The next ones I find I'll take to the Antique's Road Show or at these prices Ebay!
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:07 pm

:D Thanks for look back at old times anyway, Kman. Kman knows that was 1 of my favorites back in the day, including the Ketchup pack.(Beef patty too). MMMMM. :wink: ps, I had actually forgot about the inner plastic wrappers on the meat patties and the dehy. potato patty.

deanopilot

Post by deanopilot » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 am

kman: As an ex-airline pilot, I've seen my share of the insides of hotel rooms around the world. I've always tried to "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints" when checking out of a hotel room. But, I'm sure that the housekeeping staff would have horror stories to tell nonetheless about the things some people would leave behind. Can you imagine what housekeeping thought of your "pork patty" if you left it in the coffee pot! LMAO! Or what of the next guy to use the coffee pot? "Hmmmm, this Taster's Choice has a bit of a bacony aroma, nice". HAHAHA.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:50 am

Funny you should mentioned that, deanopilot. After I was done with the MRE, I put the bag and all into a trash can, figuring the cleaning staff would empty it the next day. Boy was I wrong - it was still there the next day - stinking pork patty and all! When I left the room for the day, I made sure to put the now-full trash can in the middle of the room so they wouldn't miss it.

As for the coffee pot, yeah, it was pretty greasy and pork-smelling. I soaked it overnight with the hotel-provided bubble-bath. I had to make sure it was nice and clean because I'd be in the room for the whole week and I still had plenty of coffee to drink!