Pumpkin Pound Cake - Yum

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
BackwoodsPundit

Pumpkin Pound Cake - Yum

Post by BackwoodsPundit » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:21 am

I bought a few "samples" from Long Life Food to see how some of the deseerts tasted. Last night, I broke into the Pumplin Pound Cake and the Choloate Sports bar. I opened the Sports bar first and decided it wasn't what I wanted at the time so tried the cake ;)

The pumpkin pound cake was a touch dry (had to drink milk with it) but QUITE tasty and spicy. My wife agreed, and she is an excellent baker; it weas better than passable for her.

The chocolate sports bar was, well, sort of chewy; almost like chocolate taffy. Not too bad, but I liked the pumpkin cake much better.

Today for lunch - I will have the Pot roast, along woith the rest of the pumpkin cake and sports bar I didnt finish last night. MRE lunch - YUM!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:31 am

I've always found that Chocolate Sports Bar to be one of the most difficult parts of an MRE to choke down. It's ok tasting, but just looking at it, it *looks* like something that rolled off a military asembly line. At least real Power Bars are a little bit appetizing-looking.

turbomark7

Post by turbomark7 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:36 pm

I just ate my first modern MRE for lunch today - beef ravioli. The chocolate chip brownie was overly sweet as was the mixed fruit and Tang. Now, I'm sitting on the sofa with my laptop, watching the Military Channel, and feeling terribly bloated. But, the ravioli was pretty good.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi turbomark7 - welcome to the forums!

Oh yes...there's nothing quite like eating a whole MRE and then sitting on the sofa, watching TV, and feeling that MRE-bloat kick in.

Maybe you should try eating a whole MRE and then going outside and digging a foxhole - that might feel better. At least, it'd be more in the military spirit. :-)

turbomark7

Post by turbomark7 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Yeah, you're right about the digging..... I should've dug a latrine that can double as a foxhole. :)

I think I should buy only entrees to build up a food supply.
Last edited by turbomark7 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=cornd0g 7=-

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:23 pm

OH MY GOD, I have never laughed so hard in my life. This thread should be nominated for the funniest one on the forum...LMFAO!

Oh yeah, I know all about MRE bloat. I feel like a big fat beached whale after eating an entire MRE, and actually it lasts about the whole day. I don't see how in the hell someone can eat three of those per day! I mean even after digging foxholes and running miles and dodging bullets, I just don't see it. Perhaps I should go over to Iraq and try it in person and then maybe again, perhaps not! :lol:

Welcome turbomark to the forums, you and kman have made my night...I shant have a bad one after reading this post.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

turbomark7

Post by turbomark7 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:27 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes and warnings.
-=cornd0g 7=-

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:34 pm

Oh man turbo you have done it again...that pic in your signature there is priceless>>>>LOL!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:39 pm

Damn, turbomark7, that's hilarious!