eBay name: tigerfiles

Egg Omelet with Vegetables and Cheese

Post by cat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Egg Omelet with Vegetables and Cheese
DATE CODE: 6170
MFG: Ameriqual
RAITING: 0.5 [of 5 stars]

The Omelet
If you’re expecting something tasting like eggs you may want to skip this meal. It tasted like lentils, with a hint of cheese. The omelet looked to have been cooked in the pouch and had taken the shape of it. The sides where smooth with a shiny beige-to-yellow color. If I’d been smart I would have broken the eggs up before consuming. Something about an egg-log turned my stomach. In all fairness I had made up my mind I wouldent like the omelet before opning the package after reading others posts about it.

Sides:
Hash Browns with Bacon:
The hash browns come packed in a buttery sauce and have a distinct potato taste. The bacon played a less role in this dish, I had a hard time detecting differences in texture and there was no bacon taste. Although not my favorite dish I bought a few extras I think they will be good, especially mixed with some other dishes.

Pop Tart: Among other things the Omelet came with a toaster pastry (like a pop tart). While not to attractive it was very good, much like its commercial counterpart. I DO wish I had heated it up before eating, something to try next time.
Attachments
a.jpg
b.jpg

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 pm

I guess you don't want to try the omelettes from the MCW's then....lol :shock: :lol:

8)
"Live long and prosper..."

cat
eBay name: tigerfiles

Post by cat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Bypah wrote:I guess you don't want to try the omelettes from the MCW's then....lol :shock: :lol:

8)
eh, i'll try anything once :)

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Try the "Combo" in the nearest mess hall, if you want fresh eggs. What did you expect with the MRE omelet. I eat'em up. :wink: