Dinner and Humor

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
AVNate

Dinner and Humor

Post by AVNate » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:07 pm

Well I just got a few cases in and decided to rotate my old ones up to the front. And for the fun of it ...................DINNER :!: :D

Finished with probably the best meal in the XXIII menu, #22 Jambalaya. MMM Goodness......... the Jalapeno chese mixed in :D . Needless to say this is my new favorite. I have noticed that the wheat bread just dosen't cut it for me, crackers is the way to go. Here is an idea, how about adding mexican cornbread instead of wheat?. I guess I'll start feeding the birds with the wheat bread.

And now for the "AVNate Award" for MVP in a menu goes to #22. #22 origionaly hails from the deep South. Enjoys hunting, fishing and pretty much any drinking game that ends in a night spent on the floor. Lets hear it for #22. (insert cheesy pagent music here)

Carry on.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi AVNate. Yes, that Jambalaya is pretty good. You can find my own personal review of it here:

viewtopic.php?t=101&start=0
(4th post down)

So you don't like the wheat snack bread? Don't let DirtyDave hear that you're thinking of feeding it to the birds! He'll go insane with MRE-rage. :-) Too bad I just traded DirtyDave for all his extra crackers or else I'm sure he'd be trying to swap them for all your wheat bread.

truzoom

Post by truzoom » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:05 pm

Send those wheat bread snacks this way!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:31 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GIVE ME ALL OF THAT WHEAT BREAD! OH THE AGONY...AGONY!

The jambalaya is the only one I have not tried. I was holding out on the pork rib, but I broke down and tried it and really liked it. Oh, the other I have never tried is the veggie burger. I just don't see the point. I am a meat eater and will always be.

BUT DON'T FEED THE BIRDS THE SNACK BREAD....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"