My taste test

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
DemolitionMan

My taste test

Post by DemolitionMan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:58 am

Hi everybody!
I found no general topic on this so I started my own. As I said in the "Discover"-topic I got some from ebay and tried...
My first was a Boneless Pork Chop in jamaican style sauce with noodles. The meat was quite tasty but that was not the same with the sauce...just not what I like. And I found both very spicy, anyone who adds tabasco to that lost his ability to taste if you ask me!
The second entree I had was a Grilled Turkey Breast with Gravy and Potatoes....what shall I say...it was FANTASTIC!! I enjoyed each bit of it and found myself wanting MORE after I finished. It tasted like fresh out of the kitchen...perfect meal!

So much for my first MRE entrees in my life. :)
"Let others rise to take our place until the earth is free!"
-Les Misérables-

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:16 am

Hi DemollitionMan. It's kind of funny about those two entrees being your first MREs...because they aren't being made anymore.

And that's really too bad because those were two of my more favorite MREs. So now what are they going to eat on Thanksgiving with no Turkey MREs?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:19 pm

You think those are good? Wow, wait until you get to some of the better ones like Chicken w/ Salsa, Beef Patty, Beef Enchiladas, Cheese Tortellini, you have a lot of good ones coming up. To me it looks like you have saved the best for last. Although, once you come upon Country Captain Chicken make sure you do not eat but throw in the garbage.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

dermeister025

Post by dermeister025 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:25 pm

The CCC meal was the first one i opened! but instead of eating it i disassembled it to use as the "demo" mre, to show my SAR group and other interested parties what's all in an MRE. Thanks board for the heads up on that entree heh...

Hey, i just got a case B in today! Any suggestions on which one i should try first?
- Support Search & Rescue - Get Lost!! ;)

DemolitionMan

Post by DemolitionMan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:03 am

My other MREs waiting for me to open and eat:
Grilled Beefsteak, Beef Stew, Chicken and Rice and Grilled Chicken.
"Let others rise to take our place until the earth is free!"
-Les Misérables-

Phonelesscord

Post by Phonelesscord » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:11 am

OMG Beef stew = the best