#08 Hamburger Patty

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
DIRTYDAVE

#08 Hamburger Patty

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:55 am

Well, in the interest of giving everyone an update or something new to read, I thought I would share with our fellow members here what I ate last night for supper.

I dined on one of the best MREs ever to hit my lips...#08 Hamburger Patty...from Menu A 2004 variety.

I kneaded both the scrumptious cheese w/bacon spread and the hamburger patty, not at the same time mind you, and put both the meat and the mexican macaroni and cheese on one of my finest pieces of Target dinner plates, covered them ever so gently with a paper towel, to prevent spraying in the microwave, and cooked both for about 45 seconds. They came out of the micro warmed up perfectly...not too hot and not too cold...FANTASTIC!!!

I poured the BBQ sauce onto the patty and ate it and the macaroni in utter harmony sans bread...NO NO NO, that would be too much of a waste of the precious wheat snack bread. I saved one of the two...yes you read it right, one of the two pieces of bread that I had in the meal for later consumption, that is like GOLD around these parts. After finishing the main course it was time for dessert. A piece of wheat snack bread covered in cheese spread w/ bacon and washed it all down with two wild cherry carpi-suns. MREs go down so well with Capri Suns and besides they look like little MRE drinks, too bad they are not olive drab...aha, perhaps I can paint them!!! DING DING DING...an idea!

Well, I also had some nacho cheese pretzels...or COMBOS left from the meal, which I hate by the way, so I just threw those into my left over box in a cupboard under the microwave for later use for visting friends who stop by...HE HE HE, I can be so cruel sometimes... :twisted:

At any rate, I just thought I would share my experience last night. #08 Hamburger Patty has jumped into the Top 5 DIRTYDAVE MRE list...

and who says there is no heaven on earth?
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kyle

Post by kyle » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:27 am

Hey DD is that45s on high or reheat,how many watts is your nuke machine?as cooking time's may vary!Oh as for my dinner last nite,a 10 oz ribeye,8oz lobster tail and veggi lasagna washed down with a nice 02 Chianti.Im saving my MRE's for special occasions.
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:41 pm

45 secs on HIGH. Watts? Don't know, but mine is pretty powerful. Being that the food is already at room temperature and already pre-cooked it does not take long to heat up. Many of us, myself included, are so used to heating up rock hard frozen food that when putting a room temp food product in the micro such as an MRE you kind of overkill the cooking time. I remember putting a meal in for like 3 mins the first time and it was just about smoking when it came out...LOL!

Sounds like you had a good meal there kyle, although I would have still preferred my MRE over what you had as I don't like lobster tail and I usually drink my Chianti with liver and farver beans...slurp slurp (reference to Hannibal Lechter in Silence of the Lambs)... :twisted:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"