Vintage 1990 Chicken Ala King Review - A Sticky Mess

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
ReadinessReviews

Vintage 1990 Chicken Ala King Review - A Sticky Mess

Post by ReadinessReviews » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:56 am

Chicken Ala King, AKA Chicken Ala Thing, is a classic MRE menu that I've always heard strong opinions of. It seems you either love it or hate it. This 1990 vintage Meal Ready to Eat is now over 30 year old. With the sticky mess from liquefied candy and rank cheese flavor it was certainly showing its age... Or maybe it just always tasted like that. Regardless I'm glad to have finally checked this interesting menu off my review list.

Thanks for watching!

Teddydogno1

Re: Vintage 1990 Chicken Ala King Review - A Sticky Mess

Post by Teddydogno1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm

Thanks for posting your review. Not much traffic here these days and not a lot of positive reinforcement for posting reviews.

I have a few brown bags, but I'm pretty hesitant to try them. They were new when I was still in ROTC and briefly the CA ARNG!

Rob

Jim_M1988
eBay name: Jim_M1988

Re: Vintage 1990 Chicken Ala King Review - A Sticky Mess

Post by Jim_M1988 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:22 am

Teddydogno1 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm
Thanks for posting your review. Not much traffic here these days and not a lot of positive reinforcement for posting reviews.

I have a few brown bags, but I'm pretty hesitant to try them. They were new when I was still in ROTC and briefly the CA ARNG!

Rob

Awesome! What menus have you got? I'd love to have known what I was going to est was definitely still fresh. I do prefer the older brown bags, something about them feels less processed than the newer ones.

Good review RR, watched it on my lunch break yesterday :).