MCW Review on the Shores of a Frozen Lake | Chicken, Spicy, Oriental with Rice | Menu No. 2

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Re: MCW Review on the Shores of a Frozen Lake | Chicken, Spicy, Oriental with Rice | Menu No. 2

Post by MrFahrenheit » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:33 am

Great review, those dehydrated meals can be tricky to prepare.
I use a less is moreapproach and then add more if needed and a good stir halfway through the prep time helps a lot.

I liked the oriental rice best of the various rice meals available, nice Chinese style sauce nicely spiced with a soy sauce flavour and I was amazed the crunchy veggies stayed crunchy aka the water chestnuts while the others stayed soft but had good texture and bite.
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.

RockyRaab

Re: MCW Review on the Shores of a Frozen Lake | Chicken, Spicy, Oriental with Rice | Menu No. 2

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Rocky's Tip: Use 2/3 the recommended water, and slowly pour the food into the water, not the other way around. No dry pockets or excessive stirring that way. Add water towards the end of the soak period, and only if needed.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:06 pm

RockyRaab wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Rocky's Tip: Use 2/3 the recommended water, and slowly pour the food into the water, not the other way around. No dry pockets or excessive stirring that way. Add water towards the end of the soak period, and only if needed.
That's a great tip! I'll have to try the adding the food to the water thing.