2005 Veggie Burger with BBQ Sauce MRE Review

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
SentientTootsieRoll

2005 Veggie Burger with BBQ Sauce MRE Review

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:57 pm

A vegetarian friendly hamburger in an MRE? That has to be good or at least interesting to take a look at. Without further ado, let's do that!
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
Here is the veggie burger in its retort pouch.
IMG_0104.JPG
And the items included in the accessory packet.
IMG_0105.JPG
The entire meal prepared!
IMG_0106.JPG
This particular MRE wasn't stored in the best of conditions since some of the components were pretty spoiled. The raisins were really sticky, dark and tasted really ripe and fermented. I couldn't eat too many of those. The potato sticks weren't too bad but I could tell the oil or something on them was starting to go as they did taste slightly sour but not bad enough to prevent me from eating them all! The cinnamon scone, although an interesting addition to this ration, also went bad. It tasted like eating a bar of soap, it was that sour. Of course, it's not supposed to taste that way but I think this ration was stored in a hot climate for a prolonged period of time and that's what led to this.

The veggie burger actually still tasted okay, but the inside of the patty was pretty dry so I had to chew it pretty hard. They provided two wheat snack breads, probably so you could eat it like you would a hamburger. As you may be able to tell at this point, some thought really went into this ration. But they didn't provide us with any cheese spread or ketchup and I'm curious as to why that is. The lemon lime drink and iced tea were a pretty ideal way to finish off this ration, it's pretty hard to go wrong with those. Truth be told, I actually like this MRE. I wish I had one in better condition. ;)

cavguy

Re: 2005 Veggie Burger with BBQ Sauce MRE Review

Post by cavguy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Oddly enough when I was in the field this ration used to give me a headache... Something about the BBQ sauce and whatever they used to make the patty. I used to avoid it at all costs!

norge

Re: 2005 Veggie Burger with BBQ Sauce MRE Review

Post by norge » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:23 pm

i liked this menu, we couldt gett things like that other than in mres from the USA :D