Dual MRE Review - 2015 Menu 11 Vegetable Crumbles with Pasta in Taco Style Sauce

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
ReadinessReviews

Dual MRE Review - 2015 Menu 11 Vegetable Crumbles with Pasta in Taco Style Sauce

Post by ReadinessReviews » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:09 pm

After almost a year I finally got my girlfriend, Maggie, to join me for another MRE review. I let her choose what ration we were going to have for our dinner. She's a bit apprehensive about shelf stable meats so she decided on a vegetarian MRE. We went with Menu 11 from 2015, Vegetable Crumbles with Pasta in Taco Style Sauce, also known as Vegetarian Taco Pasta. There was a lot of food in this meal. The main has a lot going on... I mean it's taco flavored pasta that just so happens to be vegetarian. It's pretty tasty though and with the included Salsa Del Sol hot sauce it was really good. Maggie said she enjoyed the meal even though she was disappointed by the Zapplesauce, which she found to be too runny, and the Twizzlers, which were showing their age. I love having a guest for the reviews. Maggie will be back in the future.

Thanks for Watching!

Kays1968
eBay name: htcx3

Re: Dual MRE Review - 2015 Menu 11 Vegetable Crumbles with Pasta in Taco Style Sauce

Post by Kays1968 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Dude, this was an absolutely fantastic review. I love the dual reviewer formula, particularly when one reviewer is NOT a ration aficionado. Seriously, they add an element of impartiality that is so important when reviewing food....

Keep it up! I can't wait to see Maggie again! Thank you for sharing this...

-Zed

blue87fj60

Re: Dual MRE Review - 2015 Menu 11 Vegetable Crumbles with Pasta in Taco Style Sauce

Post by blue87fj60 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Nice review with your girlfriend’s input as well.