2008 US MRE MENU 16 CHICKEN FAJITA

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
sag45

2008 US MRE MENU 16 CHICKEN FAJITA

Post by sag45 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:04 pm

This is how I topped of my busy Friday. I popped open this 12 year old MRE. It's kept in a rather hot room about 80 degrees + for years now.
My Taste Bud Test Results : VERY GOOD!
Chicken Fajita still had taste though the seasoning blend package really gave it more spiff. I actually should of mixed it in. The first spoon full got me good. I know better next time.
Rice was rather dry - added some water, tasted good, corn looked really dehydrated. The cheese spread was good to taste, some discoloration, no bad odor.
The Baked snack crackers (looks like cheese-its) were crispy and very very salty. The taste was just like they were made yesterday.
Two corn/wheat tortillas: not sure but more wheat like were nuked 30 seconds and tasted good held their form.
I have not used the IRISH CREAM CAPPUCCINO powder - but certainly will wake up to it tomorrow morning and warm Spiced Cider packet.
Topped off this meal with some tea and hot sauce.
VERY GOOD MEAL !!
Was expecting a small Tabasco in accessory packet but none. other contents were two gums, towelette, t.p. matches - dry and lit up
2008_16_MAIN.jpg
2008_16_CONTENTS.jpg
2008_16_OPEN1.jpg
2008_16_OPEN2.jpg
POTTED MEAT! A FAVORITE! Eat too much and you get THE GOUT!

RSMRE

Re: 2008 US MRE MENU 16 CHICKEN FAJITA

Post by RSMRE » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Looks like a solid ration....and it looks as if it aged pretty well, all though the fajita shells look as though they are a little aged.....I'd eat for sure :lol:
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS x2, Salty Croc, donjuan_21,Sturm44,Ration_Man