Menu 22 Asian style beef strips

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
Beniffland8

Menu 22 Asian style beef strips

Post by Beniffland8 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm

G'day everyone another day another review.
Today's review is menu 22 Asian style beef strips with vegetables. I believe this menu has been changed in the 2019 MREs. This menu is part of three MREs I purchased off eBay. This menu was produced in 2018 so it was still very fresh. So enough of me yapping let's get on with the review.
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
The contents
Asian style beef strips with vegetables
Applesauce
Patriotic sugar cookies
White snack bread
Chunky peanut butter
Apple jelly
Milk chocolate drink
Accessory packet B
Flamless ration heater
Spoon
IMG_0130.JPG
I heated up the main in some boiling water couldn't be bothered using the FRH. But once everything was ready it all tasted good. The main was very tasty with big meaty strips of beef and decent veggie pieces with a sort of Asian flavour to it. The snack bread was kind of hard but was still okay with the peanut butter and apple jelly. The sugar cookies tasted great and the milk chocolate drink was kind of watery but I may have just added a bit to much water lol. The zapplesauce was great to nice and sweet.
Overall this ration was good and tasted great.
Stay on the lookout for the reviews on the other two menus from eBay.
Thank you for reading this review and please feel free to add any comments or feedback it helps me make my reviews better.
Cheers Ben

Flange

Re: Menu 22 Asian style beef strips

Post by Flange » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm

This is a staple for me at work. I picked up a box of 30 Asian beef strip mains. I pour the main over a bowl of ready-to-heat sticky rice, add a soy sauce packet, and it's an awesome lunch.

blue87fj60

Re: Menu 22 Asian style beef strips

Post by blue87fj60 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Just opened a 179th day of 2018 menu 22 in my work truck today.
This meal had mixed fruit instead of the Zapplesauce. But it’s an Ameriqual.
Ate the chunky peanut butter on the wheat bread. Also clobbered the patriotic sugar cookies. :mrgreen: