2017 Menu #10 Chili and Macaroni

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
adam0s

2017 Menu #10 Chili and Macaroni

Post by adam0s » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Hiho!
This is my another review of a MRE that I opened around year ago. I still didn't think through the shape of my reviews but basing on some opinions of my previous text this one might be enjoying as well.

2017 MRE Menu 10 Chili and Macaroni
menu10_1.jpg
Contrary to my first MRE, this one had well visible date code (June 14, 2017). Sadly when I opened it one of the item was already expired. It was pack of Twizzlers candies which I suppose should taste like Haribo candies but they didn't. They were stale so BB date means a lot in this case. Other snacks were ok.
menu10_2.jpg
The vegetable crackers were similar to cheap crackers but jalapegno cheese spread made them awesome (imo everything tastes better with this spread).
I found tetriyaki beef stick interesting. I know tetriyaki flavor rather from special editions of chips so a meat snack of that kind was new to me. I liked it.
In my previous review I mentioned concerns about beverage. As lemon-lime drink was good the carbohydrate electrolyte fruit punch was awful. It was very sweet and chemical. I took only few sips while my wife didn't even dare to try it.
menu10_3.jpg
After my first adventure with FRH (a failed one) I decided to heat the main course in the microwave. I could taste the strong beef flavor which was good and that's it. The macaroni was too soft and sauce was neutral in taste which makes this meal boring. Maybe adding spices from accessory pack would make a difference but I forgot about them.
menu10_4.jpg
I left a pound cake for desert and it saved my overall judgment of this ration. The cake was soft and sweet. It's similar to a babka cake which we are baking here on easter mostly.
menu10_5.jpg
I wouldn't mind to try this ration again but I'm not looking forward to.

-adam0s
My other reviews