Beef enchilada review 2006

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
WI MRE
eBay name: chevysaregr8

Beef enchilada review 2006

Post by WI MRE » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi, new here, hello all from Chippewa Falls WI!

I thought this ration was rather tasty! Why did they stop making it? The cheese sauce was bad but was to be expected at 10 years old. Any of you guys had trouble with the picante sauce going bad? I ate all the enchilada and beans except for one bite of each went to my brother. I put a little picante on his bite and I tried one bite with it and realized it tasted off. 20 mins later it went through us with a vengeance so pretty sure the picante sauce was what was so angry.

I just had it sitting around for years an decieded to open it and try it. Now I'm buying cases of mres off ebay and I'm addicted.

Name_not_found

Re: Beef enchilada review 2006

Post by Name_not_found » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Welcome thanks for the review!

I got some weird spice flavor on this entree depending on the mfg'er.

Not too sad to see it go personally
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

janedoedad

Re: Beef enchilada review 2006

Post by janedoedad » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:04 pm

Sorry to necrothread here.

Seven years later ....

Had the same menu tonight for dinner. Entree retained it's flavor but was turning mushy. Beans retained taste and texture well. Salsa had turned into dark ketchup. Tried just a dab of this on a toothpick. Decent flavor and burn. Thanks for the warning. Cookie had a good flavor - very crunchy. Squeeze cheese was good. Why crackers instead of toraillas?.
The Liver is evil and must be punished!