US MRE Review Menu 21 Tuna, Chunk, Light, Water Packed, Lemon Pepper (2014) [Illustrated]

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
YTFRC

US MRE Review Menu 21 Tuna, Chunk, Light, Water Packed, Lemon Pepper (2014) [Illustrated]

Post by YTFRC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 am

ImageImageImage
Baked Snack Crackers Hot and Spicy Cheese, AKA Cheez-it's! Sad that most of them turn to dust while in the package. Tasty none the less!!
ImageImageImageImage
Smoked Almonds, wish there was more than like 15!
ImageImage
Vanilla Pound Cake, held up well, a bit dry, and vary vary tasty. Sweet but not sugery tasting. You can buy these by themselves for like $2.50 in gold packs online!
ImageImageImageImage
Tortillas, Plain, just like any other flour made tortilla, a bit firm and a hint of preservative smell.
ImageImageImage
Starkist Tuna creations Lemon Pepper, taste just like normal chunk tuna light with a hint of lemon pepper. The non-salt seasoning is Ms. Dash original. I recommend adding it to the tuna!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Overall, I thought this might not be a good menu, seeing as it was a tuna dish, however I think this is a awesome menu if your going on a hike or just want a nice lunch. I wish they added a hot beverage bag or something to mix the tuna in.
Last edited by YTFRC on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

sparkingdogg
eBay name: sparkingdogg

Re: US MRE Review Menu 21 Tuna, Chunk, Light, Water Packed, Lemon Pepper (2014) [Illustrated]

Post by sparkingdogg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Excellent pictures!

I thought the exact same thing. Saved mine until the case was almost gone. Had it in the Colorado mountains while touring on my big dirt bike. Discovered it was one of my favorite rations in the case, and the no heat needed made for an easy and delicious lunch. Love this one!

Nice review! :)
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil and MRE coffee in the morning!

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Re: US MRE Review Menu 21 Tuna, Chunk, Light, Water Packed, Lemon Pepper (2014) [Illustrated]

Post by Garron » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm

This one is listed on UK ebay a lot, I'll give it a try looks like a decent pack.

Gaz

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 pm

This, aside from the Southwest Beef and Black Beans, was perhaps my favourite MRE I've had so far.
I put the crackers in with the tuna and mayo in the tortilla to add a different texture and taste and it really worked well.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

YTFRC

Post by YTFRC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 am

I was quite surprised at this menu, I'll be getting this menu more for grab and go lunchs. As always glad to help the community with videos and pictures! :D :D :D

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 pm

YTFRC - Great pics, as always... the meal looked fab... you, Sir, are a master!

mahalo

sarahdhawk26
eBay name: sarahdhawk26

Post by sarahdhawk26 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Your pictures are so detailed and BIG I love it!!!! Great review, gosh I need to get a hold of some of those smoked almonds :D