MRE Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
housil

Re: MRE Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese

Post by housil » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:21 pm

cavguy wrote: the one I don't like is the cheese & vegetable omelet! That one is nasty!
I liked the omelet once but ate too much... :cry:

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Chicken with Tomato/Feta was without question a love/hate meal. You were one or the other. Well, mostly. I liked it, but it left me very "feta belchy" for hours. So maybe it didn't like me.

But it's gone now, likely a result of that love/hate aspect. No longer on the menu list.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

SugarLord

Post by SugarLord » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:13 am

RockyRaab wrote:Chicken with Tomato/Feta was without question a love/hate meal. You were one or the other. Well, mostly. I liked it, but it left me very "feta belchy" for hours. So maybe it didn't like me.

But it's gone now, likely a result of that love/hate aspect. No longer on the menu list.
Really?

So we say farewell to the 'delights' of cheesy chicken with tomatoes. I applaud the powers that be for their decision not to continue with an unpopular dish.

I will not rue it's passing (Burp!).

Now if they can guarantee crackers for every MRE we're really getting somewhere!

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:11 am

I have more than a couple of this Menu. Still in good shape. Should some of you get to missing it. PM me, and we can work something out.

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 pm

I have a question, in the menu list is this called Mediterranean Chicken? I have never had it and was just curious. Never had the (dis)pleasure of the Country Captain Chicken either but not too overly concerned over it. Just looking for clarity since I couldn't find where it was introduced but can see where it was removed.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 am

I believe that's correct - it's listed as Mediterranean Chicken on the menu lists (Menu #5), although the meals themselves were labeled "Chicken with Tomato and Feta Cheese." It was introduced in 2010 and replaced with Diced Chicken in 2015. For 2016, it's called Chicken Chunks.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Post by shawker71 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Thank you. I have a couple cases of 2014's so I obviously have it but have not gone near it yet. I may bite the bullet and pull one out for lunch tomorrow and see where I stand on it.
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

Daley

Post by Daley » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Yea I liked this MRE, i'm all out of real MRE's but this was my favorite of the bunch.
~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:26 pm

I had the 2010 version of this the other night. Not being particularly fond of feta cheese, I was quite surprised with how well this tasted. I really enjoyed and never really got a sense of "sick" smell from it. But I can see where you're coming from in terms of the taste and look of it.

The cornbread stuffing was also interesting. It was lacking some flavor, but it was at least edible despite its appearance. I never managed to get pictures of it, but I'm sure there are some floating around here.

Karl P

Post by Karl P » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:42 pm

This is the first, and probably last, review of this particular MRE. Must have had a very short life on the menu.