Toilet Paper

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

Toilet Paper

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri May 13, 2005 12:26 pm

Well, all I can say is how helpful those little toilet paper packages came just a bit ago. I forgot to buy toilet paper from the store and I had to go #2 and I was wondering "WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO?" Paper towels? Napkins? AHA, I remembered that I had saved up about 50 of those little toilet paper packages from my MRE meals that I have eaten over the last year and man was that ziploc bag full of toilet paper a site for sore eyes.

Are those little handy toilet paper packages handy in non-war time?

ABSOLUTLEY!!! :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Sat May 14, 2005 10:44 am

Definately..in field operations, toilet paper and loads of it is so important.

With experiences of wiping my arse with leaves.....somehow leaves dun do a really good job. Had to use plenty to scrape me clean. :oops:

Mirage

Post by Mirage » Sat May 14, 2005 8:02 pm

bejean - even worse if you grab some poison ivy leaves by mistake! 8)

For scraping action, couldn't you use your bayonet - then follow it up with some brisk leaf action? :P

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat May 14, 2005 9:45 pm

LOL! Perhaps a friend could lend a hand...LMFAO!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Tue May 17, 2005 9:50 am

Mirage wrote:bejean - even worse if you grab some poison ivy leaves by mistake! 8)

For scraping action, couldn't you use your bayonet - then follow it up with some brisk leaf action? :P
Bah...as u might not have known i come from Singaporean, a tiny nation sandwiched between Pennisula Malaysia and Indonesia. Doubt we have poison ivy leaves here. Remembered i pluck those "choice large leaves" resemblance to taipoca plants. Those big leaves are biggest i can find and at a level where my arms can reach while i am squatting. :oops:

My bayonet is hardly used in fact as i am worried about rust from usage and wear. So its well oiled and bought outfield for show only. I have a swiss army utility knife though..... :P

DIRTYDAVE wrote:LOL! Perhaps a friend could lend a hand...LMFAO!
Remembered i have a chap in my section ( infantry squad in American context), who insist on bringing toilet paper outfield and he had the rolls well protected in ziplock bags in his fullpack.

IMHO, those tissue paper issued with MRE aren't too good for wiping arses, they are too thin, tears easily and we might use than a pack in a single dump. Its so irritating when u don't have enough to wipe. A good sized toilet roll keeps me assured while unloading outfield.

Strangely not all guys are able to do "it" in the wilds but i also have the need to especially after a day of eating nothing but MRE / combat rations. Have u guys seen greyish looking shit? Yucks. :oops:

Zeiti

Post by Zeiti » Tue May 17, 2005 10:18 am

May I recommend some good old german toilet paper, wet single packed :

http://images.shopping-profis.de/products/38933.jpg

I always have it with me. In the car , while beeing abroad, camping, biking
Klagt nicht, kämpft !

Mirage

Post by Mirage » Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 pm

You have to hand it to the Germans, always some neat gimmick to use, plus this stuff leaves your butt smelling like fresh camomile! 8)

However - last time I was in Germany, to try and find any kind of semi-decent toilet paper in a public washroom was fruitless. It was usually the consistency of splinters on a roll and felt like knotted burlap that would rend the flesh from your hole in a second. I used to pray for constipation when I was travelling! What's the story with that anyway? I know Germans have a tough constitution, but are all their holes supposed to be the same tensile strength as shoe leather? :shock:

I couldn't find "Kleenex", paper towels or any kind of disposable paper products very easily at all in the stores - it seemed like this was some VERY strange request when I asked for these items.

Those German wipes that Zeiti mentioned look like the "wet wipes" you can buy over here - definitely handy on a trip! The anti-bacterial ones for your hands are really handy as well.

Mirage

Post by Mirage » Tue May 17, 2005 8:38 pm

bejean wrote:
Bah...as u might not have known i come from Singaporean, a tiny nation sandwiched between Pennisula Malaysia and Indonesia. Doubt we have poison ivy leaves here. Remembered i pluck those "choice large leaves" resemblance to taipoca plants. Those big leaves are biggest i can find and at a level where my arms can reach while i am squatting. :oops:

My bayonet is hardly used in fact as i am worried about rust from usage and wear. So its well oiled and bought outfield for show only. I have a swiss army utility knife though..... :P
There's bound to be some kind of VERY irritating plant that you may grab by mistake! :P

Even better the Swiss Army knife is stainless, so it won't rust if you employ it, would be easy to clean after usage; plus it has several handy attachments should you run into any unexpected "difficulties" in the field. :lol:

Zeiti

Post by Zeiti » Wed May 18, 2005 1:54 am

Mirage wrote:You have to hand it to the Germans, always some neat gimmick to use, plus this stuff leaves your butt smelling like fresh camomile! 8)

However - last time I was in Germany, to try and find any kind of semi-decent toilet paper in a public washroom was fruitless. It was usually the consistency of splinters on a roll and felt like knotted burlap that would rend the flesh from your hole in a second. I used to pray for constipation when I was travelling! What's the story with that anyway? I know Germans have a tough constitution, but are all their holes supposed to be the same tensile strength as shoe leather? :shock:

I couldn't find "Kleenex", paper towels or any kind of disposable paper products very easily at all in the stores - it seemed like this was some VERY strange request when I asked for these items.

Those German wipes that Zeiti mentioned look like the "wet wipes" you can buy over here - definitely handy on a trip! The anti-bacterial ones for your hands are really handy as well.
Strange thing .. You must have travelled trough "Barbaria" err... Bavaria :-)

Yes, I agree, the toilet paper in public washrooms is not the best (thats why I aways habe my single packed wet wipes with me) But you should not have a problem finding some good qualtity TP in a store.
HINT: Next tome, check out a so called "Drogerie" they are supposed to have all thing kind of stuff

This is a link to Schlecker online, with most stores in Germany
http://de10.shop.schlecker.com/cgi-bin/ ... 0200006596

---
Next time you come to Germany, let me know in advance, I´ll pick you up at the airport and hand you your personal Germany survival kit:

Toilet paper /Best quality
Bottle opener (Because best german beer comes in bottles, not cans)
Aspirin ( for the morning after )
Some medicine for you stomache ( If you can deal with our Haxen mit Sauerkraut ..)
Your personal customed bavarian styled leather pants (Lederhosen)
A standard issued cookoo armwrist watch

And an personal ambassador to the german way of life
http://bayerischerbrauerbund.de/content ... medium.jpg
http://www6.dw-world.de/de/images/c2c13 ... 3d4a75.jpg
Klagt nicht, kämpft !