When MREs taste best...

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kman
Site Admin

When MREs taste best...

Post by kman » Tue May 03, 2005 5:38 pm

So my day yesterday started at 5am. Get up, drive 3 hours for a business trip, work through lunch (eat some popcorn), work through dinner (eat half a cookie), and finally check in to the hotel at 11:30pm. So yeah...I was a little hungry.

There weren't any restaurants open nearby but fortunately I keep a few MREs in the car for situations just like this. I opted for a Thai Chicken MRE from 2000.

Oh man was that good! Thai chicken, white rice, vegetable crackers, and jalapeno cheese spread. I wasn't too crazy about the Raisen Nut Mix for dessert (a pound cake would have been perfect) but I wasn't complaining.

DangerousDave

Come on Now.

Post by DangerousDave » Tue May 03, 2005 11:35 pm

You can find a SubWay or something, at that time of night. Donald Trump even has Domino's making Cheeseburger Pizza's. I'm going to have to set my next Beef Teriyaki aside, and try one of those Trump Pizza's. LOL

rationboyd

Post by rationboyd » Wed May 04, 2005 5:25 pm

now all they need is for McD's to come up with the Pizza Cheeseburger.

Pepperoni or Hawaiian, anyone?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed May 04, 2005 11:12 pm

DangerousDave...I know what you mean - I probably could have spent 15-30 minutes driving around looking for a fast food joint (this place was really isolated). But I *knew* I had MREs in my car so I had to choose: driving around at midnight or grabbing an MRE out of the car. It was an easy choice that late at night. :-)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri May 06, 2005 11:39 am

I love that raisin nut mix...yum aye! Did you remember to wash your "patties".
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"