Country Captain Chicken MRE

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
corps

Country Captain Chicken MRE

Post by corps » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:59 pm

I ate a heated one tonight along with heated buttered noodles.

Tabasco and pepper were added.

I enjoyed all.

I would like some more.

Yum.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi corps - welcome to the forums! You're a brave man...eating that country captain chicken and all. Either that, or it was the only one left in the box. :-)

Just kidding you...I have no fondness for that particular MRE...but load it up with tobasco and pepper and throw in a bit of hunger and I suppose I'd eat it, too.

DIRTYDAVE

Re: Country Captain Chicken MRE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun May 01, 2005 11:59 am

corps wrote:I ate a heated one tonight along with heated buttered noodles.

Tabasco and pepper were added.

I enjoyed all.

I would like some more.

Yum.
WARNING, WE HAVE CERTIFIABLE CRAZY PERSON IN THE FORUMS...LOL, sorry corps just kidding, had to have a goof on you for that one. I would rather take a bullet in the rear than have to eat a spoonful of that concoction.... :shock:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

rational

Post by rational » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:48 pm

I guess either you love Curry or you hate it - I can't blame anyone for hating it. To my surprise, my boy actually loved it, when I brought my stock of MRE's on vacation and "cooked" in motel 6 each night! (I can highly recommend the brilliant British army cooking tins - the rectangular folding ones).
Almost all the other MRE titles say what they are, but with Country Captain Chicken they avoided the word "Curry". Did they think no one would taste it and find out? A strange one, along with the whole bag of maraschino cherries! (I'm still working on my bag, one cherry at a time on ice cream, not the whole bag at once!)

Gerry

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:30 pm

Sure rational throw that horrible MRE at your boy...LOL! Now we see what kind of a guy you really are...LOL! While you sit there enjoying your beef ravioli your son is getting sick on that Country Captain Chicken crap...LOL! I would not even serve that MRE to a starving bum on the street...LOL! Just kidding, soley for entertainment purposes

Jetlag

Post by Jetlag » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:28 am

CCC is probably one of my favorites and I'll be sad to see it go. It's the cloest thing to gormet you're going to get out of a bag. I mean, almond slivers! Is it the curry that makes it a love/hate MRE? I doubt I've ever had curry in anything else so I didn't pick up on what it was.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:58 am

For me, I love curry chicken but it's the sliced almonds that make me say "yuck" to Country Captain Chicken. There's just something not right about those crunchy little slivers that shouldn't be in my chicken. :-)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm

Ah come on kman, you are getting soft...you despise CCC, just admit it. :P

thechip1

Post by thechip1 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 pm

I had a CCC for lunch today (from a SOPAKCO-civilian MRE from, packed 0210.) It was the first time I've tried this entree, and I specifically tried it seeing as everyone seems to hate it. I thought it was pretty good, certianly as good or better than some of the other entrees I've had. I would gladly have another. Still better was the chocolate-covered oatmeal cookie with it. Yummy! Maybe the CCC needs to be properly aged before eating. It tasted quite mellow after 5 years in my cool basement!