First time making a MRE review

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Jared_St

First time making a MRE review

Post by Jared_St » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello Everyone! I'm super new to this so I apologize for any mistakes, but I'm super excited to share this, because I've always wanted to make a review of something, and have been really interested in military rations since I was like, 4. And now I actually have the capability to now! :D I haven't actually eaten anything yet, but will have the video up tomorrow. (It's basically going to be breakfast/lunch)
I did want to share some of the picture I did take (I was really curious on what was inside). And I was super excited when I saw a first strike bar, I've been wanting to try one for a long time now. :D

Also, I have to give shout outs to Steve1989 (I haven't forgotten about getting you that "vomelet!") , RC Gusto, Gundog4314, and gschultz9! I stumbled across your videos a while back and it's really ramped up my interest in all types of rations. Especially vintage rations! It's a dream of mine now to try out all the old types of coffees (And just about all the military coffees honestly)
20171213_202518.jpg
20171213_203504.jpg
20171213_204020.jpg
Likes coffee, rations, and cheese. Will probably print things for coffee.

WorkmanMRE

Re: First time making a MRE review

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Right on! Welcome to our shared addiction! That looks like a nice MRE there! Myself and you share a love for coffee!
Welcome to the forum!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

Jared_St

Post by Jared_St » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:Right on! Welcome to our shared addiction! That looks like a nice MRE there! Myself and you share a love for coffee!
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcoming! :D And woo! Always get excited when I see others who are coffee lovers too! :D

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Jared_St wrote:
WorkmanMRE wrote:Right on! Welcome to our shared addiction! That looks like a nice MRE there! Myself and you share a love for coffee!
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcoming! :D And woo! Always get excited when I see others who are coffee lovers too! :D
You might get a kick out of this then! We made this after i had a sweet back stock of instant jo!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

Jared_St

Post by Jared_St » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

WorkmanMRE wrote:
Jared_St wrote:
Welcome to the forum!
You might get a kick out of this then! We made this after i had a sweet back stock of instant jo!
Dude, that was a trip to watch! X'D (Good ideas though!)

lnschnei

Post by lnschnei » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:26 am

Jared_St wrote:
WorkmanMRE wrote:
Jared_St wrote:
Mr. Workman is exceptionally creative...

Welcome to the forum!

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum![/quote]

Thanks man!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

Jared_St

Post by Jared_St » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Jared_St wrote:Hello Everyone! I'm super new to this so I apologize for any mistakes, but I'm super excited to share this, because I've always wanted to make a review of something, and have been really interested in military rations since I was like, 4. And now I actually have the capability to now! :D I haven't actually eaten anything yet, but will have the video up tomorrow. (It's basically going to be breakfast/lunch)
I did want to share some of the picture I did take (I was really curious on what was inside). And I was super excited when I saw a first strike bar, I've been wanting to try one for a long time now. :D

Also, I have to give shout outs to Steve1989 (I haven't forgotten about getting you that "vomelet!") , RC Gusto, Gundog4314, and gschultz9! I stumbled across your videos a while back and it's really ramped up my interest in all types of rations. Especially vintage rations! It's a dream of mine now to try out all the old types of coffees (And just about all the military coffees honestly)

20171213_202518.jpg20171213_203504.jpg20171213_204020.jpg

Here it is y'all! Pretty wonky but we had a really fun time doing this! :D
Hope you guys enjoy!

Jared_St

Post by Jared_St » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 pm

lnschnei wrote:
Jared_St wrote:
WorkmanMRE wrote:

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the welcoming! :D

Stevenglennn

Post by Stevenglennn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm also new to this community and have enjoyed your videos. I also would love to try the different coffees available in MRE, both US and Foreign. Wonder if some of the bigger collectors could put together a coffee grab bag and sell them? I'd sure give one a shot. Have a great weekend!

Steve
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

― Henry Ford