MRE SONG

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DIRTYDAVE

MRE SONG

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 am

Okay, I committed myself to writing a song for the OMEGA MAN MOVIE, and I accomplished that goal. Click link below to hear entire song...PLAY IT LOUD!

http://www.freis.us/music.html

now I will commit myself to writing a song about MREs. Perhaps an instrumental as I need more of them under my belt.

Check out my site at... www.freis.us

PS Does anyone have an idea if there are any parts in any war movies where they talk about MREs or mention food in general? I would like to use some clips if available.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Mirage

Wow!

Post by Mirage » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:47 am

Now there's an oldie-goldie I haven't seen for a couple of years or so. I remember going to the theatre back when it was first released. It was a pretty significant movie back in it's day. Unfortunately it hasn't aged that well.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:24 am

Yes, you are correct Mirage. The video needs remastering and it needs to be released in 5.1 surround sound with the effects redone ala Yellow Submarine. There could have been more extra features included. A commentary by Heston or some of the other actors would have been ideal. Oddly enough, Soylent Green (another Heston Sci-Fi movie and a crappy one at that) was released on the same day as Omega Man and includes a commentary....I was so mad to see this.

There has been much talk about a remake of Omega Man and I for one would love to see it but on the other hand am worried about how it would be done. I have not been too happy with the remakes of either Rollerball or Dawn Of The Dead.

For more info on the Omega Man movie if interested check out this forum.

http://forums.sciflicks.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34

DangerousDave

MRE Song

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:59 pm

I wonder, if David Grohl could become interested in writing one. He's a swell Virginia Boy from the mountains. As for Chuck Heston, I think I got my taste in women from his '70's movies you mentioned. He totally owned the Black Chic in Omega Man, and he sure as heck made the Black Chic with the Strawberry Jam want him, in Soylent Green. :oops:

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:58 pm

LOL, yep he has a way with the womens! :twisted:

DangerousDave

Samich

Post by DangerousDave » Sun May 08, 2005 1:48 am

My favorite food scene in a movie was in Saving Private Ryan, when Capt. Miller went up to battalion trains and reported too the BN. Commander, and happened to look over and see a couple of pogues grabbing some thick meat sandwichs, and pouring some fresh brewed black coffee. If I was Capt. Miller, I would have asked the Commander if I could take a few samiches back, to give the few men I still had alive. :wink: But Hey, It's an Officer thing!!!