Now that's what I call surviving

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kman
Site Admin

Now that's what I call surviving

Post by kman » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:39 pm

Do any of you watch (the reality tv show) "Survivor"? I was watching tonight's latest episode and for the reward challenge, whoever built the best "SOS" that could be seen from a passing airplane, got a food reward. The reward was airdropped from the plane and when they opened it up...it was MREs!

Well, not full MREs, but MRE entrees and heaters at the very least. They even got a few bottles of wine...but sadly, I don't think it was Franzia (what goes better with food in a box than wine in a box?). :-)

What was really funny was when they kicked the box of food out of the plane, I was expecting a parachute to deploy and land it softly in the water. But no...it just had a drogue chute on it that only served to slow the crate down a little bit. As I watch the crate slam in the water, I thought "I sure hope that food was packed well". I guess if it was MREs, they didn't have to worry.

I'll try to get a clip of the episode posted soon.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:24 pm

I HATE SURVIVOR AND ALL THOSE IDIOTIC REALITY SHOWS. But, would like to see that clip Kman.

DEATH TO REALITY SHOWS! :twisted:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Mirage

Agreed

Post by Mirage » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:13 am

Dave, I have to agree with you on this, reality shows should all be deep-sixed - the sooner the better.

One that was dragging the bottom of the barrel was on earlier this year - I don't recall the title, but a bunch of fat people were huffing and puffing around a beach. For this show they dropped one of the best new animated shows in several years - Father Of The Pride.

I honestly don't think it is just me that prefered to watch an award winning cartoon show vs. a bunch of fat people waddling around in stretch pants.

Why would anyone find this "entertainment'?

I do want to see the MRE clip, tho'.

dermeister025

Post by dermeister025 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:04 am

Oh wonderful... now on an MRE listing on eBay i'm seeing "like seen on Survivor!" TV is most certainly going downhill... and even MRE's aren't safe!!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:08 am

LOL, thanks for backing me up on this one Mirage.

LOL, yeah, now we will be paying $100 per cs for MRE's on ebay dermeister.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"