additional food packet to the standard MRE ?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:53 am

kyle wrote:Hi Bejean,I heard once,(Bangkok makes a Hard Man Humble) now I understand.That stuff ment more to thoes kids than youll ever know!
Probably they hadn't seen much of these before. Its a nice country with very lovely ladies too... :oops:
Imon wrote: I would never by MREs in a store :
1. I dont know any store who sells MREs in my area
2. youre right, they are too expensive in stores if you payed 7.30USD for a pac
3. special MREs like RCW,MCW,Kosher and so on are very hard to find,I think the most stores just have standard MREs or civilian MREs.
by the way, I heared that also wornick stopped selling civilian MREs is that rigth ? if yes, then Sopacko is the only one I know who sells civilian MREs.
Yap, the MREs i bought are from Sopacko and they come in a plastic outer wrapping and they ain't too bad. Huh, regarding RCW i seen some in ebay but hell, its expensive. Still i am getting some to try...just a few packets. :D

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:05 pm

kyle wrote:Hi Bejean,I heard once,(Bangkok makes a Hard Man Humble) now I understand.That stuff ment more to thoes kids than youll ever know!
Holy sh1t. Talking about old Murray Head songs on here. I know I'll never spend "One Night in Bangkok".

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:48 am

Hi all. Here are a couple of pictures of the "Complete Meal Kits" that Imon first mentioned in this post:

Image Image

Post by 223 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:48 am

Those arent MRE,they are called Shelf Stable Complete Bag Meals.

Imon

Post by Imon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:17 am

Hi,
on the label of the foil there is the name "complete meal kit"as you can see on the photo
outside of the box (six single pacs inside) there was the name "sunmeadow-meal pack".

Post by 223 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:18 am

Mirage

Sub-Page

Post by Mirage » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:40 am

Check this sub-page:

http://www.sunmeadow.net/military_turkey.html

If you note the NSN# you can find the exact meal that you found listed on this page.

I can't believe there's another group of military rations now, as though there aren't enough variants.

The problem I see with these are they are mostly junk food, nothing that is really nutritious however.

Imon

Post by Imon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:12 pm

@Mirage and @223 :

,thanks for those links and informations to the homepage of sunmeadow !

I think for the future these sunmeadow Meal kits are additional to the standard MREs, I can see them more and more at the training troops over here.

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:23 am

Imon wrote:@Mirage and @223 :

,thanks for those links and informations to the homepage of sunmeadow !

I think for the future these sunmeadow Meal kits are additional to the standard MREs, I can see them more and more at the training troops over here.
Just to let you all know. Those Sunmeadow Shelf Stable Meals are a joke. They cost $98 for a case of 18 of them. They have to be kept frozen too. MRE's are a much better, and can you believe, CHEAPER alternative. That's why the jacka$$ mudrfukrs don't put a price on their webpage.

I'm glad the info was brought to our attention. It looked like they may be an alternative to MRE's for my use in wildland firefighting, but not at those prices.

Imon

Post by Imon » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:36 am

about the high price :
thats why I picked them up in the woods after a training term, thats much more cheaper ! :lol: