additional food packet to the standard MRE ?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Imon

additional food packet to the standard MRE ?

Post by Imon » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:05 pm

Hi,

as I told in my topic "how do you get you`re MREs" there finished a big training/manouver of about 6.000 US soldiers here in germany.

I and friends went on tour in to the woods and the whole area and find a lot of MRE pacs,single entrees,accessory packets and so on but I was surprised what we also found,it was a case (cardboard box) with 6 food pacs.

Unfortunatelly I have no digi cam,I made photos of this pacs with a normal photo cam but it takes a while till I get the photos, then I hope I can show it here. Maybe someone knows this pacs Ì and my friends saw them the first time.
To describe this pacs:

They are packed in quadrate styrofoam,like a long plate and shrink wrap with a transparent plastic foil.
The labeling outside says :

M035
Beef in BBQ Sauce
Complete Meal Kit
Components:

1 BBQ Beef Can
1 Wrapped Hamburger Bun
1 Macaroni & Beef
1 Applesauce cp
1 Oreo Cookies
1 Pringles
1 Hot Sauce
1 Welches Drink
1 Mint and a accessory packet

These components arent in a camouflage or disguised packets, they look like they are civilian cans.
The componets of this packet look and sounds fantastic :D

Does anybody know this "Complete meal kits" ?

greetings
Imon

PS The company name of this pacs is "Sun Meadow"

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:49 pm

OMFG.......are u in MRE heaven or wat?!

First u found plenty of MRES and next u found a unknown MRE component? ........btw how many MREs u found? :oops:

kyle

WHAT!!!

Post by kyle » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:36 pm

We cant trust this government,their sneeking in new food without FIRST consulting the MREinfo forum! What is this country coming too? :x
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:59 am

BBQ BEEF CAN? Sounds like you found some old WWII rations when we was fightin' the Nazis! :shock: Pringles? Wrapped hamburger bun...LMFAO! Sounds like a combination WWII rations and some left over food by some people having a picnic in the woods!!! Let me guess did you find some Haagen Daas Ice Cream containers as well? LOL! Sorry bro, that kills me.... :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Imon

Post by Imon » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:14 pm

@bejean : that were not so much pacs,entrees and so on like it sounds in my topic,as I told we were 3 people and we found about 20 unopened MRE-pacs,about 60 accessory packets and a lot of single entrees.
thats not so much if yo have to divided in 3 people :D

@Dirty Dave : hey, you can belive me that is no stuff of WWII, that is new stuff...unfortunatelly there was no ice cream inside...haha...yo`re so funny :x
I made two photos by a regular cam,the quality of the photos is not good,but so everyone can see what pacs I mean.

Imon

Zeiti

Post by Zeiti » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:13 am

Maybe the US gouverment is running out of regular MRE´s and start sourcing "civilian" alternatives for training units in old europe :wink:

On a sidenote : Sounds like a lot of trash have been left behind. Well, well, our unemployment rate is high enough to sent plenty of people in the woods to clean after the US Army.

In my time in the Army (Heeresflieger, Fritzlar) its was a MUST to clean your own mess when finish training. A soldier/grunt caught with loitering the aera, found himself with atleast 1 weekend guard duty in the barracks and/or cleaning the toilet seats with a toothbrush !
Klagt nicht, kämpft !

Zeiti

Post by Zeiti » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:18 am

that were not so much pacs,entrees and so on like it sounds in my topic,as I told we were 3 people and we found about 20 unopened MRE-pacs,about 60 accessory packets and a lot of single entrees.
thats not so much if yo have to divided in 3 people

[humor on:]yeah, thats what we need, hungry germans looting the US trashbins for food [humor off] :P :P :P :P :P :P :P [/i]
Klagt nicht, kämpft !

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:23 pm

Imon wrote:@bejean : that were not so much pacs,entrees and so on like it sounds in my topic,as I told we were 3 people and we found about 20 unopened MRE-pacs,about 60 accessory packets and a lot of single entrees.
thats not so much if yo have to divided in 3 people :D

Imon
Ok ok...i thought u guys would "harvest" cases upon cases of MRE. But still it is a good return for a walk in the woods eh? Currently i am buying commercial MRE at S$7.30/meal at the local store, yes its expensive but thats all i can find in Singapore. Most of the MRE sellers on ebay dun do international freight. :roll:

Anyway, this reminds me of myself in Thailand some 7-8years ago. Remembered our training area in Kanchanaburi, a mountainous region the south of Bangkok but near the mekong river. I had given away unwanted MRE entree / biscuits packs to the poor country kids there. Basically i was nearly "robbed" of everything, camo cream, water in waterbottle, sweets and yes...they even wanted to fire with my rifle. :lol:

kyle

Post by kyle » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi Bejean,I heard once,(Bangkok makes a Hard Man Humble) now I understand.That stuff ment more to thoes kids than youll ever know!
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

Imon

Post by Imon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:28 pm

@Zeiti: No I think the US goverment introduce more and more different kinds of MREs or alternative pacs, not jst a special one for "old"europe

There is always a lot of trash if a training is over,thats why it is a training area and no park :)
oh, if the german goverment send people over there to clean the woods than I hope they are not as fast as we are...
:lol: I think you cant clean up a every inch of a training area like Grafenwoehr or Hohenfels, that are the biggest training areas of the US outside the states and one of the biggest in world.

I was also in the german army twelve years ago and every one of us had to pick and clean up every can and bag after training...but thats different to the US forces yo can belive me.

@bejean:
I would never by MREs in a store :
1. I dont know any store who sells MREs in my area
2. youre right, they are too expensive in stores if you payed 7.30USD for a pac
3. special MREs like RCW,MCW,Kosher and so on are very hard to find,I think the most stores just have standard MREs or civilian MREs.
by the way, I heared that also wornick stopped selling civilian MREs is that rigth ? if yes, then Sopacko is the only one I know who sells civilian MREs.

I remember when I was a child we also got a lot of C-ration from the US soldiers,I liked them much more than MREs but that is history :cry:

Imon