Hell no!
29%
Captain Country Chicken? What? Huh!?
24%

Total votes: 17

GrEmLiN

R.I.P. - Country Captain Chicken 2000-2005. Life's too short

Post by GrEmLiN » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:31 am

Well the subject line basicly says it all, heh...

They yoinked my Country Captain Chicken for '05! I'm mad. Yet kinda excited. I love the CC Chicken, but I'm looking forward to Sloppy Joe and some of the deserts, and the HooAH! Bar in 2006. Anyone else have any opinions on these things? Anyone care to donate a couple CC Chickens to me? I'm fresh out :( -Dave

BTW: I'm new :P Go me. Howdy yall. I'm like, hyper...it's 0334, I need to get up for work in 3 hours, and I've been reading about the history of MRE's for 4 hours.

Edit: Added "BTW" comment, and this edit, and poll! Yay!!!
Captain Country Chicken
R.I.P. 2000-2005
We'll miss you!
(And forever in our colons? Or is that pushing it?)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:00 am

Hi Gremlin - welcome to the forums!

Sign me up for a "Hell no!". I know some people like it, but to me, the CCC is the nastiest MRE around. The chicken is good and the curry is good but the little bits of almonds make me want to claw my stomach out. Yuck!

But bless you all you CCC lovers for without you, I wouldn't have anyone to trade my CCCs to! :-)

GrEmLiN

Post by GrEmLiN » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:11 pm

Haha, true that. I'm sure when I eat them enough I'll begin to dislike 'em, but for now, every once in a while when I do come across them, I'll eat 'em. Personally I keep around for a quick and easy lunch for when I get home in the afternoon and don't feel like cooking or going back out, or to take with me to work for lunch. But the possibilities are endless. I'm gonna try to score more free ones through my brother in the Connecticut National Guard...He usually ends up eating them before he can get them back to me. Heh.
Captain Country Chicken
R.I.P. 2000-2005
We'll miss you!

aquarius

Post by aquarius » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:03 am

Last night I aet my first CCC. It tasted good!! Nothing wrong with, except for the Noodles in Butter Sauce. There was only one heater in the pouch, and the Noodles should not be cold when consumed! Anyway, I threw the noodles (warmed up by my car's heater) in the CCC pouch and it all tasted great.
A little bit anoying was that I tasted the CCC still after 5 hours! I had to take an anti-acid pill to relief my stomach. LOL.
"if you don't read the newspaper, you are uniformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed". (Mark Twain)

GrEmLiN

Post by GrEmLiN » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:55 am

Yeah the CCC like most MREs is loaded with sodium and because of the tomato stuff in the pack it's got more acid, which is probably the reason they're dropping it this year. Oh well. I'll miss it, but extras will be around for a while.
Captain Country Chicken
R.I.P. 2000-2005
We'll miss you!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:02 am

CCC= CRAP CRAP CRAP Send it over to Iraq and feed it to the insurgents, the war will be over in a matter of hours!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"