dinner last night

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kyle

dinner last night

Post by kyle » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:12 pm

for D.Dave...I began with a 7yr old hamslice atop an 8yr old bag of white rice heated in the traditional FRH provided.If you dont know you can heat both w/ one FRH,sandwich the two, FRH in the middle add just a little more water slowly onto the FRH,be sure to massage the box frequently.For a side I found an ice crystal crusted opened bag of frozen broccoli,my ex missed this delectable treat,and smothered it with jalapino cheeze spread,nuke 2min.Served w/ standered issue crackers slathered w/Smart Balance buttery substitute,gotta stay healthy right!For deseret a brown bag poundcake,no date,topped w/ some canned Chinese strawberrys,you can find these at any salvage/thrift store.To drink I found a simply marvy 2004 Franzia Chardonnay,lite yet crisp with a breath of almond,oak and citrus and a palate pleasing bold aftertaste bouquet of sulfites.Best of all a 5 liter cardboard box of this delicious nectar was a mere 13.00.Was it good you ask,well truthfully I began decanting the fruit of the vine(in a waxpaper cup) a few hrs before indulging myself with this bountiful feast,therefore I just dont know! It came out allright this morning. :shock:
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DangerousDave

You forgot

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:51 pm

to coat it all with Original Louisiana Brand(the Perfect) Hot Sauce, made by Bruce Foods in New Iberia. Not that Tobasco crap. LOL 8) PS, the main brand contracted for by the U.S. Gov't, for use in Mess Halls all over the Erf.

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 am

I bought a Hurricane Ivan lot of MRE stuff off of ebay for $18 shipped. I did great. I got a ton of stuff. Anyway, new stuff for me. A small box that had a Pork Rib, boneless, imitation in it. I opened it, and dumped a packet of MRE BBQ sauce in it. Ate it cold...it was GREAT. I was shocked. Kinda like eating a cold McRib without bread if you kids can imagine that. Anyway. I'm trying to heat up a Clam Chowder and a Alfredo Noodles pouch using the "sandwich the heater" method. It's either going really slow or it's not working. I added extra water and massaged the bag. Maybe I'll just start over. And yes..the FRH is working.

kyle

dinner

Post by kyle » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:06 am

Hey Twobravo,I just got an order in and the guy used thoes little Mcribs for packing.He said he couldnt get rid of them,I think their great! He also used chickn breast and g beef pattys all 2.6oz just right for a sandwich.

Twobravo

Re: dinner

Post by Twobravo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:06 pm

kyle wrote:Hey Twobravo,I just got an order in and the guy used thoes little Mcribs for packing.He said he couldnt get rid of them,I think their great! He also used chickn breast and g beef pattys all 2.6oz just right for a sandwich.

What? Where was this at? I'd like to get some more of those.

kyle

McRibs

Post by kyle » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:36 am

Hey Twobravo and everyone,this is also the guy I got the ameriquail entres from,scyros@cox.net

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:05 am

Hey Kyle, thanks for sharing that meal that you had.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"