Announcing the launch of MREMarketplace.com

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kman
Site Admin

Announcing the launch of MREMarketplace.com

Post by kman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 pm

To all my MREInfo forums buddies, I wanted to announce the launch of my new website - MREMarketplace.com

The short version is this - I'm getting into the MRE-selling business to provide the best experience and products for people searching for legitimate, reliable MREs.

The longer version is this...

In the 12 years since I first launched MREInfo.com (and the forums!), I've kept the site as an information-only resource. I wanted to provide an unbiased and comprehensive guide to all-things MRE. One of the most frequent questions I receive from site visitors is, "Where can I buy MREs?" I usually point these requests to the more reliable civilian MRE vendors - vendors from whom I've ordered myself so I can be sure of the product and service. Back in those days, the choices were pretty limited - you could take your chance on eBay or Craigslist or you could order from one of the few civilian vendors. But the MRE buying landscape has changed and there are now even more vendors and this little place called Amazon.com that is full of MRE options.

But here's where it gets difficult - people want fresh, reliable MREs and they want to know exactly what they're getting. With Amazon, you don't always get that. The three main problems with Amazon are:

- No quality control over the vendors (anyone can sell any brand of MREs)
- No menu information available (Amazon makes it very difficult to present this information to buyers)
- No freshness data available. The 4 digit Julian code is often incorrect, vague, or non-existent.

Amazon, however, does do some things very well - the shipment, customer service, and efficiency of Amazon is legendary. In order to make sure that my MREMarketplace customers are not going to sacrifice anything to do business with me I've partnered with fulfillment services that will enable me to ensure that customers can get Amazon.com quality fulfillment and customer service.

When you check out the website and see what's for sale, you'll see exactly what the production dates are and exactly which menus are included. As the menus and dates change, the product entries will be updated - so no more guessing about what you'll receive.

Right now, I have two civilian MRE vendors in the store - Meal Kit Supply and Sopakco. More vendors are being invited in and should appear in the near future.

I'm still keeping the sites separate - MREInfo.com will remain about providing comprehensive information about MREs and other rations. The forums will remain an ad-free place for us to hang out. And MREMarketplace.com will be the place to go for buying MREs.

So check it out and I welcome any feedback you all might have!

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Re: Announcing the launch of MREMarketplace.com

Post by parafireboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 am

Very cool Kman, I'll have to check it out!

Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 pm

This is excellent news, thank you !

Bypah

Post by Bypah » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Awesome!!!
:mrgreen:
"Live long and prosper..."