MRE supplements

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
bejean
inactive

MRE supplements

Post by bejean » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:36 am

Not sure if this is entirely relevant but i would like to discuss and get to know what u troopers brings with u to the field as MRE supplements if any?

Soon i would be attending a 3weeks course with estimated 10days or so in the jungle. I intend to bring along some stuffs to supplement the daily 24hrs ration.

1 x Small bottle of Tangs orange drink powder mix.
15 x pkts of MacDonalds Chili/Tomato sauce
1 x Fork, long handle.
3 x pkt beef jerky (original)
10 pkts of cigarettes (20sticks pack)
5 x uncle toby's musli bar.

Any ideas to share? :oops:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:45 am

How about some multivitamins? They might be useful if you're going to be living off rations for 10 days.

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:52 pm

kman wrote:How about some multivitamins? They might be useful if you're going to be living off rations for 10 days.
Yeap..good idea. It would be easy to pack these multivitamin pills with my medications too.

rational

Post by rational » Wed May 04, 2005 1:15 pm

A new product from Costco is Paradise Valley "Creamy Mash Potatoes" that come in plastic 4.8 ounce bags; they mix up really quick with hot water and taste like the real thing just like they claim. Portable, and store much longer than the kind in the cardboard cartons. These will go great with MRE meatloaf, beef&mushrooms, etc.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri May 06, 2005 8:34 pm

LEAVE THE CIGARETTES HOME! You will thank me after the trip is over. Actually, quit smoking, don't you read what the surgeon general says on those smokes bro? Trust me, take it from a former 1pk to 3pk smoker a day, you will be damn glad you quit.

I care about my fellow brethren here, just lookin' out for you all.. :wink:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

bejean
inactive

Post by bejean » Sat May 14, 2005 10:47 am

Tried quitting with those gums and even patches. but nothing is more better in the jungle with a cigarette.

Oh well, its a dirty habit picked up since army days. We had really lousy rations then, somehow i only smoked in the field instead of eating.

Blame lousy rations for my smoking addiction. :twisted: