13%
Cider
23%

Total votes: 31

jndallas
inactive

Which Drink Componet Could You Do Without

Post by jndallas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:27 am

Let's hear it, which item is a waste of space in the MRE bag?

jenndolari

Post by jenndolari » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:11 am

I picked coffee because I don't drink coffee...but in all hoenstly, those dairyshakes are just Bleh.
Not All Warriors Are Called "Sir!"
Closetspace - http://www.dolari.org/cs
A Wish for Wings - http://www.dolari.org/awfw

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:06 am

For me, it'd have to be tea. It's actually a toss-up between tea and cider, but at least cider has the advantage of adding some calories to the meal - the tea just seems kind of useless...unless, of course, you like tea and prefer it over coffee.

Now if they added a package of instant "chai tea latte" instead of a tea bag, I'd vote out the cider!

jndallas
inactive

Post by jndallas » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:56 pm

OK! I forgot the dairyshakes. I actually have never seen one. So I didn't think about it. My bad. I happen to like the tea, to each their own. I am not a coffee person, and the cider requires hot water. Inconvient in my opinion.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:07 pm

HOW IN THE HELL DID I MISS THIS ONE? You guys must have hidden it from me... :evil: Since I have to have a cigarette when I drink coffee and since I gave up cigarettes over two years ago...the coffee has got to go!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kyle

Post by kyle » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:59 pm

Can they ditch them all for dehydrated BEER!
There was'nt a place to cast my vote.
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:10 pm

I think we need them all. Helps our Servicemen/Ladies avoid water monotony. The instant lemon tea sucks, the Brisk real tea bags are OK. I figure the Brits really would dig those. I wish Uncle would DX that stupid cheap Tasters Choice coffee crap, and go back to the old G.I. coffee packs with ascorbic acid, or something else with a lot of caffeine in it, Hell, I'd rathe r have Food Lion Instant coffee than that Tasters wrong Choice crap. I love the cider packs. Over all, I think the cocoa packs get tossed more than anything. Especially in the desert. Who's going to make hot chocolate in Iraq? It's OK in colder climates if you have time to make it, and then have time to clean out your canteen cup. :)

kturnerga

Drinks we could do without

Post by kturnerga » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:07 pm

Hello
I think if cocoa is included in the MRE the coffee should be done without. Otherwise keep it! We need to get rid of the lemon tea and replace it with a packet of Crystal Light or instant regular sweet tea. I wouldn't rule out replacing the coffee with dip bags of coffee.

I notice, btw, that some MRE's have lost their Tabasco. As long as a suitable seasoning pack is provide I am happy with that.

KAT

Phonelesscord

Post by Phonelesscord » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:15 am

Yes, I don't know why MRE"s dopnt just use REAL coffee dip-bags. Maybe they don't last as long?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:43 am

Why no coffee-dip bags? Probably because it would take longer to fix our coffee. Well...not much longer, maybe. But at least with the freeze-dried coffee, you have other options - you can eat it straight or combine it with other things. If you just had a coffee-dip bag, what could you do? Maybe chew on it? Have a pouch instead of a puff? :-)