MENU "C" MRE's = disappointment

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Hambone Harry

MENU "C" MRE's = disappointment

Post by Hambone Harry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:13 pm

I have two cases of the menu C mre's. I like to see what I am getting ahead of time since I hate to find out when its too late that I don't have what I think I have. I planned on checking them out and ordering more if they were OK. The menu looks good and it has more variety and all. Well when I opened 4 of the mre pouches I found that aside from the entree the contents are not at all what the published menu the seller has on their website. The beef patty pouch for instance came with no bbq sauce. Just the patty,crackers,oat meal cookie,peanut butter etc. The cinnamon scones are in none of the four pouches and the lousy nacho cheese pretzels and oatmeal cookies are in every pouch. No raisins,no cheese bacon spread no shortbread cookies no chocolate sports bar... There is a disclaimer that the actual pouches may vary slightly from the menu but the variation not the least bit slight and is great enough that I don't even recommend these. I kind of suspect these were produced at a time the manufacturer was out of a bunch of the stuff and they just tossed whatever they had in the pouches instead of delaying production. I am still waiting to hear back on an email I sent to mredepot. I tried calling them but no answer.

wstrnsky

Re: MENU "C" MRE's = disappointment

Post by wstrnsky » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Sorry to hear that you were the latest victim of the Menu C MRE's from Mredepot.com. Keep on them for a resolution and a response to your disatisfaction with their product. There are a few of us here that have been in your same disatisfied shoes you are not alone my friend. Do a search in the forums for them and you will find alot of info from people about them. Good luck.

I feel bad that you were mislead by their website menus. And their way of lying about them by not telling you the whole truth about their product is kind of disheartening. The whole menu's may vary slighty is a load in my opinion considering what the meals consist of now. I wonder .....if they put a current menu list of what is actually inside the meals how would their sales would be .......hmmm? Just some 10 year shelf life food for thought.

After I got my resolution from them I gave them a good review. I now feel looking back on it that it was an attempt to smooth over an image rather than fix a problem.

If it was so important to them why not give an accurate menu list now and not have the same one with a broad all covering disclamer. Or drop the price on the remaining messed up cases and get rid of them. Like 40 to 50 bucks a case or even cheaper. Then get new accurate menued stock in and sell them at the current price. I think alot of people would be interested in the messed up cases at a cheaper price. We all know that they know just exactly what they are selling. Repeat customers make you buisness succesful, not doing what they are currenty doing. It makes you wonder just what their contract with the producer entains. With the current world situation and the demand for mre and components so high no wonder it is hard for the producer of the mre's to supply anything. But if you are selling leftovers and product over run say so.

Ok done with my rant, but everytime I see another Menu C post it fires me up again. I don't like seeing others being mislead. I just hope by now the proper info is out and if things change to what they say they are great !!! I might even become a repeat customer. But until then.

Disclaimer: (Spelling may vary slightly) there now I don't have to run a spellchecker.
Last edited by wstrnsky on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

housil

Post by housil » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 pm

wstrnsky wrote: Do a search in the forums...
->Read here<-

Hambone Harry

Post by Hambone Harry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I googled menu c back before ordering them but somehow missed this forum..

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Habone Harry - welcome to the fourms! Sorry to hear about your Menu C problems. I think we've given them a pretty fair chance here but after something like 6 months, they're still publishing the old menus and they have apparently not cleaned up their production problems. This weekend, I'll take the time to update the Menu C MRE page on the MREInfo.com site so reflect the problems we've been experiencing with their content.

One question for you - did the menus of your Menu C MREs match the ones wstrnsky posted in the first message in this thread:?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2235

Hambone Harry

Post by Hambone Harry » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 am

The contents of the menu C MRE's I have are missing additional items. There are no snack crackers and no substitute. No ranger bar or substitute. No chocolate bar or substitute. No snack crackers, no shortbread,no cheeze spread of any kind. These additional items are missing and no attempt to substitute was made. Also only one candy item -hot tamale candy- has been present in one of the pouches although it should have been in others too.
The beef patty pouch was so empty and light I noticed as soon as I picked it up it must be missing a bunch of stuff.

I think many people are buying cases of these and caching them away for emergencies. They will be in for a surprise if they ever need them.
I am just lucky because I always test things. The seller of these defective MRE's is cheating his customers at this point.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Menu C, was developed for overseas U.S. Gov't armed contractors, from what I know. Blackwater comes to mind. Where are they now? Who developed the Menu C, and for whom. Any questions? You can still get GI cases if you look hard enough. Or, you could sign up for Afghanistan contractor service. I hear theres going to a run on that job. :roll: :wink:
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:13 pm

DD,

Hey another contractor comes to mind: KBR. Yeah, those guys have a even bigger contract with the DOD than anybody I know. That's my guess and some personal knowledge.