MREs - for the dogs!

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
BeerFox

MREs - for the dogs!

Post by BeerFox » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:55 pm

At least, the cookie packets ;) My dog seems to be nuts about them...She's ransacked the trash twice since I recently threw out an empty cookie packet, specifically going after that little morsel. Every possible molecule of crumb clinging to that wrapper has been licked clean.

So if some unenlightened soul tells you, "MRE? I hear even a dog won't eat those!", you can tell them that not only will they eat them, they'll go back for seconds ;)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:03 pm

Too bad your dog didn't go after an empty beefsteak packet - that would have fit in perfectly with the recent "beefsteak" thread. :-) But it sounds like she has some taste - those cookies are good!

BTW...welcome to the forums!

BeerFox

Post by BeerFox » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:20 pm

Thanks! And yeah, I love the cookies...they're especially good as an emergency 'soak up beer' food when I realize it's getting late, and I should probably have something in my stomach other than alcohol ;)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:27 pm

Yum! There's nothing quite like having to dig through your box of MRE extras after a night's worth of drinking!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 pm

LOL, this forum has been a real comedy fest lately...LOL! Funny story there bro. My cat is not very interested in any of the MRE empty bags that I have thrown away...he must know better...LOL!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"