Is this a good price

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
sgt mike rtd

Is this a good price

Post by sgt mike rtd » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:13 am

gday guys
just a question for you. i got a option for a case of mre,s . i did what dave said to do was ask the seller if he would do a straight deal for a case of mres without haveing to bid on them. now i live in australia now and rations are hard to get here, so most of mine i get from oversea,s, or on a good occasion i can get a australian rat pack. well i got a quote of this guy for the mre,s and postage to australia is $46.50 usd. i emailed him back and said no worrys ill take the case all up. well he emailed me back sayin all up for postage and mre,s was $79 usd. so what do you think guys . i have asked postage on others i have tried to get and belive it or not some of them wanted to charge me $100 usd for postage, well you can imagine what i emailed back.
cheers

gday again guys
would you belive it as i was writeing this i got a email from a mate of mine who is in the australian army and he just posted off 4 oz rat packs today for me. im still going to go for the case of mre,s . but the oz rat packs are a bonus. oh and if anyone is interested in aa trade for a oz rat pack let me know
cheers

kyle

Post by kyle » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:51 am

Sounds like a decent deal to me,I've paid almost that right here in the states.I would like to trade with you when your ready,as much or little as you want.
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:25 am

It all depends on what you can live with I suppose. Somebody might be willing to pay $1,000 for a case of MREs and live with it. I would find out how much shipping would realistically be from his/her location and make a counter offer or just bite the bullet and do it. It all depends on how much you want them. I have paid many times over what an item is worth in the past, not MREs mind you, just because I wanted it that badly or did not want to wait for the price to go down. Back to the point though, it is common for people selling MREs on ebay to sell the MREs for a somewhat reasonable price, only to jack up the shipping cost. I know that from just about anywhere in the US it does not cost more than about $14 to ship to me in Florida, but when I do the shipping calculator on ebay to model how much the shipping will be, sometimes it says as much as $28! You have to realize that that shipping calculator can be modified and people just like to take advantage of those who do not know that.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

sgt mike rtd

postage

Post by sgt mike rtd » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:31 am

gday dave
i checked on the us post office site and it is about right for the postage . so i dont think he is over chargeing me. anyway i emailed him and will post off payment mon. and as i said getting any type of rations here is hard, unless you have friends in the forces. when i was in the u.k . i had no problems but here in oz you try and get what you can. thanks for the answers tho
cheers